I can not update VORPX

Homepage Forums Installation and Registration Support I can not update VORPX

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Constantin
    Participant

I was away at home for 2 weeks, the last launch of vorpX was no problem. Now when vorpX starts, the program starts and after clicking the Apply & Close button it starts updating. Then at that moment when the installation should happen window pops up with the message “vorpX cannot installed on this version of Windows. You need a 64bit version of Windows 7 or higher.”. I have windows 10, 64 bit installed, with the latest updates.
    Help please solve this problem.

Constantin
    Participant

version of the installed program 19.2.0

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds as if you run vorpX in some sort of compatibility mode. Please check that and disable any potential compatibility mode setting. If for example you set vorpX to run in Windows XP compatibility mode, the updater (correctly) assumes you have Windows XP.

No compatibility mode should ever be required for vorpX.

Constantin
    Participant

Thanks, it really was a compatibility mode. But what is interesting is that I usually ran vorpConfig.exe and the compatibility was disabled for this file, I already wanted to write that this was not a solution, but decided to check other exe files and found that the compatibility mode was enabled for the vorpControl.exe file. After disabling compatibility, I was able to update the software.
    Thank you very much for your time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!