I do not see anything when vorpx is open

Homepage Forums Technical Support I do not see anything when vorpx is open

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Coffee Break Hero
    Participant

Hello. I’m new with vorpX (just bought it)
    When vorpx is on and I try to open vorpX desktop viewer or a game I’m trying to run in VR (vampire the masquerade bloodlines) I just get a black screen.
    1. audio goes through the headset
    2. I see the game “loading” for 2 sec in VR before the black screen
    3. I see the image on my computer screen, and when I move my headset the image moves accordingly.
    4. I’m using valve index.

Help me, please :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you experience this with several games, the most likely issue is a conflict with some other program that also hooks into games. Typical cases would be invasive AV software, GPU/CPU utilities or chat programs that can show notofications in games.

You can find more detailed information about the matter here.

Coffee Break Hero
    Participant

Just Steam and window’s AV and Gefore experience

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please read through the guide linked above thoroughly. You can’t possibly have done that within two minutes. :)

Coffee Break Hero
    Participant

Alright. I did. thank you. took me a while, but the solution was going to nvidia control panel and making my dedicated GPU taking over everything.
    Interestingly, only one other game required this (that wasn’t vorpX) – Doom VFR

now I have another problem. things look aweful. all stretched up and too focused. at least It’s running smoothly and looks crisp as hell :)
    I’ll watch some guides on youtube and come back (but feel free to give some more tips)
    thanks

Coffee Break Hero
    Participant

How/Where do I find if someone already has the correct values for playing vampire the masquerade bloodlines on valve index?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you run the DirectVR scanner after entering the game world? After a successful scan the FOV should be correct.

If that does not work and you happen to have any mods for the game installed, please try without mods.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!