I made discord for VORPX

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion I made discord for VORPX

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    perkel
    Participant

Due to devs not making officil one i made unnoficial discord for VorpX to share tops and talk about it in community, help each other out etc.

[Link removed until the Discord gets renamed to something that doesn’t give the confusing impression of being an official vorpX Discord]

The more people the more we can help each other out !

Ralf
    Keymaster

While I understand the desire for Discord users to use their tool of choice I have a request:

Since unfortunately I’m not able to handle multiple social media channels due to the time involved, which is better spent improving vorpX, I’d very much prefer if we (you) don’t fracture the community and instead use the forum.

Discord may have its advantanges, but all things considered I firmly believe it’s better for everyone to keep things in one place.

If you still want to open a Discord server, please rename it to something like ‘vorpX Inofficial’ or similar, the current name gives the impression of being an official channel, which creates unnecessary confusion. Thanks for your understanding.

perkel
    Participant

I understand ralf but old type of forum is really really clunky when it comes to community organization and support. For one in forum you can’t really talk with anyone you can only make statements and hope someone will answer them in next few hours. Especially in smaller forums like this.

There is plenty of people who absolutely hate old style forum use and will never use it. Moreover due to how Discord works joining forum is just one click a way while joining forum like this requires you setting up account, waiting for email etc.

You are effectively losing customers by using old forum model. Moreover it is community that drives most of your sales because they are the ones that promote it and talk about it.

The biggest factor is that you need to go to this site to use forum while people have discord on all the time and even when they are bored or something they are just one click away from place to talk about or get news about VorpX or some new profile or community news. Instead of going to old clunky forum.

What if i want to make strawpoll to show what community would want for you to focus on next ? It is almost impossible to run it on this forum format without waiting weeks.

I do understand that you don’t have much time for community support but no one requires you to follow everything. Most of help i have ever received for VorpX was not from you but some random strangers on various discords and forums. Not here.

So think about it.

My plan was to use recent news about support for Sims4 to bash it on r/Games and few other places that for sure it would bring a lot of people around to form discord community. 99% of those people would never ever make new account on this site especially when 40$ will hit them on their eyes when they open site. they would first talk about it on discord with community, ask around if it works and then they would ask themselves if price is right and get it or not.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Like I said I understand the desire to use your tool of choice, and I obviously won’t prevent you from doing so. Please just make clear that it’s not something official. Thanks! The current name of your Discord implies that it is an official channel, which is as unnecessary as confusing.

Apart from that from my perspective it’s more important to have everything in one place. The vorpX community isn’t really big enough to be split across multiple channels.

But again: no problem at all if your Discord doesn’t give the impression of being an official channel. Simply renaming it to ‘vorpX Inofficial’ or so would make that perfectly clear.

RJK_
    Participant

The VorpX community is not that large, and new users easily get confused who and where to ask. For example, while i ran the inofficial Twitter Channel people kept thinking it was official and asking for suppport. I clearly indicated the channel as -not official- but people didnt care. I closed that channel down because i found the relatively small number of users threw kind of a bad light on VorpXs reputation. You may think of that too while opening another discussion spot.

FATHER
    Participant

I’d love to join an unofficial (‘inofficial’ is a misspelling, officially ;)) Discord server to chat to some fellow vorpX enthusiasts.

Looking forward to it!

TheBalt
    Participant

I’d love to join an unofficial (‘inofficial’ is a misspelling, officially ;)) Discord server to chat to some fellow vorpX enthusiasts.

Looking forward to it!

I am down for this as well; not going to pretend its something Id use daily but I have a decent understanding of the program and would be down for helping + learning from others; theres still a few features i dont fully understand out of lack of tech savvy speak and stuff, so could be a good way to share info back and forth for any of us

perkel
    Participant

Reformed discord like ralf wanted.

https://discord.gg/vVayXPy

Unofficial VorpX Discord.

Zarok
    Participant

To be honest most people seem to use discord these days it’s the new big thing most games used it for chat and organizing stuff. I even run a rp server for a game through discord cause no one wanted to use forums.

Zarok
    Participant

It’s also easy to use can put in admin specific channels and is great for organizing anything.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!