I tried using VLC with Vorpx (18.14 for the first time today and it just crashes

Homepage Forums Technical Support I tried using VLC with Vorpx (18.14 for the first time today and it just crashes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bcozier
    Participant

All my games work…I’m wondering if this is happening to other people? When VLC crashes and I close vorpx then VLC refuses to run after and I actually have to uninstall to remove the cache/preferences and re-install for VLC to work in normal mode again. I tried MPC-64 and Vorpx says trying to hook it but MPC just plays the movie on my normal monitor/desktop.

So in short…my games hook fine but can’t get VLC or MPC to work…should I be using 32-bit versions? But that doesn’t make sense because vorpx has a profile for the MPC 64-bit

Is anyone else having VLC or MPC problems? Please let me know either way…thanks.

bcozier
    Participant

Update : I tried VLC 32-bit still not working exact symptoms…also I’m using VLC 3.0.1 the latest as of this writing and in OpenGL all settings default.

bcozier
    Participant

Update 2 : I have a i5-2500K overclocked to 4.3Ghz so for thoroughness sake I decided to go into the BIOS and turn off overclocking…it didn’t help but I also noticed another setting EXECUTE DISABLE BIT (EDB) which was set to ON, so I turned that setting OFF and now VORPX can hook VLC properly. The EDB was crashing VLC when used with VorpX this is with ASUS P8P67LE motherboard so another thing to add to troubleshooting VorpX hook crasing is turn EXECUTE DISABLE BIT to OFF because VorpX memory hooking *sometimes* triggers that feature and will prevent the program from running — even though in my case all my games worked fine only VLC crashed with EDB ON

RJK_
    Participant

You must use MPC-HC or MPC-HC64, Not MPC. There is a free VR player out called Whirligig if you dont get it to work. VLC doesnt work with me either.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!