i want to play RAGE with vorpx!

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings i want to play RAGE with vorpx!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    matteo39
    Participant

RAGE uses ID TECH 5, like
    Wolfenstein: The New Order – Machine Games
    The Evil Within – Tango gameworks
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood – Machine Games

id tech 5 uses opengl.

can we do anything? :)

slydog43
    Participant

funny you should ask. I have been trying this out last night and today. It does work, but I’m having some troubles. I cant seem to be able to set the FOV.
    quick question, I set launch params to +set com_allowconsole 1 so I can open console. then I can hit ~ and then type g_fox 100, but I see no change after doing that. Shouldn’t I see a change? thanks for your help
    very excited to play this game (1st time playing) and in VR to boot.
    console says version .1700.342015

maybe you can’t change fov while in the buggy? after I type g_fov and hit return it does show the value I previously entered, but I don’t see any difference

getting somewhere. When I run rage 64-bit with Mods, without VORPX I can change the FOV, will try with vorpx next.

Shit, I can’t get it to work again, I did see a change once but without vorpx running. I can’t seem to get to it again.

any other ideas? do you run rage64 or rage.exe?

matteo39
    Participant

i don’t understand…. you’ve tried rage WITH vorpx?

and which profile do you use?

do you have g3d?

slydog43
    Participant

I loaded up an online profile by Slydk1982. I had to reinstall RAGE inorder to get the FOV changed, but it still seems to get messed up fairly quickly. At least I’m playing it in the rift. Looks great, just have to dial it in I guess. If anyone else can help it would be great.

matteo39
    Participant

this afternoon i’ll try rage with vorpx.

but,
    why does Rage not appear among the games supported by vorpx in this list?
    http://rjkole.com/gamestuff/engines

Is for the fov problem?

matteo39
    Participant

RAGE runs with geometry3d (at least the menu), but only in one eye of my oculus!

But if i put the ‘3d vorpx effect’ on OFF, the game appears on both eyes.

What’s the problem?

this problem gave me also far cry3, only then it was enough to restart the game and everything was ok

matteo39
    Participant

i’ve tried to reintall vorpx: nothing.

the game appears only on one eye (left).

z3d impossible to use (the screen is completely out of focus).

@SLYDOG43
    , tell me something :)

slydog43
    Participant

Sorry, took a little break from VR. I have this working fairly well and also had the same trouble as you. The way around it was just to cycle through the different rendering modes in vorpx. When it cycles through it pops up in both eyes the sencond time around. strange. I hope this gets fixed as others will have this trouble. My issue seems to be with the FOV. It just seems too zoomed in. Not sure if its me or if its the game. When I change the FOV, sometimes it changes and other times it doesn’t. I hope others try to play and we get more information about this game. I want to play it badly, as I’m into ID retro stuff (playing lots of quake 2)

matteo39
    Participant

Sorry, took a little break from VR. I have this working fairly well and also had the same trouble as you. The way around it was just to cycle through the different rendering modes in vorpx. When it cycles through it pops up in both eyes the sencond time around. strange. I hope this gets fixed as others will have this trouble. My issue seems to be with the FOV. It just seems too zoomed in. Not sure if its me or if its the game. When I change the FOV, sometimes it changes and other times it doesn’t. I hope others try to play and we get more information about this game. I want to play it badly, as I’m into ID retro stuff (playing lots of quake 2)

i’ll try it! i must to reinstall the game…

matteo39
    Participant

i’ve cycle throught the different rendering modes (z3d, g3d, off..), and nothing, the games is rendered only on one eye (left). Only when i put render mode “off”, the game is in both eyes.
    what i can do?

matteo39
    Participant

now there are 1 official profile, and 2 unofficial profiles for RAGE, but they don’t work!

Ralf
    Keymaster

The official profile is in the database to let people play the game who want to play it despite no 3D being available. It’s not on the supported games list.

OpenGL S3D with a few exceptions (e.g. Amnesia) is mostly possible for older OpenGL games, roughly up until Quake 4. Given the relatively small number of OpenGL games compared to Direct3D that is unlikely to change.

slydk1982
    Participant

I made a profile for Rage and I think it works well :)

matteo39
    Participant

I made a profile for Rage and I think it works well 🙂

i’ll try it this afternoon! :)

matteo39
    Participant

I made a profile for Rage and I think it works well 🙂

slydk, i’ve tried your profile (rage.exe), but for g3d, i can’t see anything with my right eye into oculus…it works only for left eye!

z-normal doesn’t work….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!