If i am getting the “disable Vysnc in game or graphics card driver” message..

Homepage Forums Technical Support If i am getting the “disable Vysnc in game or graphics card driver” message..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TheBalt
    Participant

If i am getting the “disable Vysnc in game or graphics card driver” message at Vorpx game launch – does that mean Vsync is enabled somewhere? I recently upgraded to a AMD 5600XT and am getting this message in every Vorpx game (and it does seem to be running poorly) but I have Vysnc disabled in Radeon graphics settings and in game.

Is there something special I need to do with Radeon settings to kill Vysnc for everything? Ive tried making it the global setting to Vysnc Off and for individual applications but Im continuing to get this error and gameplay definitely seems to not be as smooth as it was even on my GTX 780.

Thanks for any help on this matter, take care and be safe, everyone!

Ralf
    Keymaster

In contrast to nVidia cards for AMD cards vorpX currently can’t check whether global VSync is on or off, so this message is always shown as a precaution. If you are sure that it’s not enabled, you can safely ignore the message.

BTW: most of the time it doesn’t matter anyway since usually vorpX can override VSync.

TheBalt
    Participant

In contrast to nVidia cards for AMD cards vorpX currently can’t check whether global VSync is on or off, so this message is always shown as a precaution. If you are sure that it’s not enabled, you can safely ignore the message.

BTW: most of the time it doesn’t matter anyway since usually vorpX can override VSync.

Thanks, Ralf. I guess i was just pushing the system a bit too hard with Ac Odyssey, ill try toning my settings down further to see if i can get it running smoother, thanks for the quick response, I appreciate all your time and work!

Take care of yourself in these crazy times!

dborosev
    Participant

I have an nvidia card, and I get this message all the time. I went to geforce settings, but it was already set to app controlled.

Matt
    Participant

Yes, I get it all the time with Nvidia gtx1080, 1080p 144hz refresh rate, I have to ignore it, like a false positive? All games still run fine.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s really odd since in case of nVidia GPUs vorpX is supposed to set the driver setting to off. I’ll check whether something might be wrong with that.

For the most part you can dismiss this message though, vorpX actually ignores VSync normally. The warning (and auto turning off) was introduced since for unknown reasons in some DX9 games the recently added new headset snyc method causes an FPS drop when the GPU is maxed out unless VSync is turned off. Fairly strange since it shouldn’t really matter at all with vorpX whether VSync is on or off.

Long story short: unless you play DX9 games at very high resolutions you normally don’t have to care about VSync at all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!