IL2 1946 [Ekull] since 1-2 weeks fps issue when rotating head

Homepage Forums Technical Support IL2 1946 [Ekull] since 1-2 weeks fps issue when rotating head

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kraut2
    Participant

Hi All,
    I am using this profile since about 1 year (combined with opentrack) and I like it.
    It seems to me that something has changed 1 or 2 weeeks ago (maybe VorpX or oculus sofware or windows):
    When I rotate my head with an average normal rotating speed, there is a significant drop in fps that is not accepttable.
    Currently head rotation is only acceptable when rotating extreeeemly slow or extremly fast (in a let me say digital way with 30° or 45° steps like with a coolie head).
    I have downloaded a clean profile today but no change.
    Has anybody observed similar things and knows a way to fix ist?
    Best Regards

PS: for CLOD Blitz it still works well.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX has built in TrackIR support since a few versions, no need to launch OpenTrack manually. All you have to do is enabling TrackIR on the input page of the vorpX menu.

Not sure wherher that’s somehow related to your issue, but it’s worth a shot to try that instead.

kraut2
    Participant

Hi Ralf, thanks for your advice. I will try it next week.
    Best Regards

kraut2
    Participant

Hi,
    I have tested different settings now.
    In some occasions the problem was in CLOD too (only VorpX, no Opentrack).
    It seems to me, that it has something to do with high antializing settings.
    Now I am flying CLOD and 1946 BAT with a higher res. of 2880×2160, moderate graphic details and no or low antializing. Due to high resolution the image is still of good quality and the problem with low fps while head rotation is better now.
    Best Regards

kraut2
    Participant

Hi All,
    since the update ca. 2 weeks ago and the current update the the fps during head rotation is now a bit better, in general 1946 is playable again apart from some situations in dogfights above urban areas.
    Not total perfect but I can continue my il2dcg Channel Front Career.
    Best regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!