Image zoom, g2 reverb No gasket. Can still see bounds in full VR.

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Image zoom, g2 reverb No gasket. Can still see bounds in full VR.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BoatKettleVR
    Participant

Ive took the gasket off for some more FOV, but now I can see at the sides and below where the screen ends.

The setting I actually need to increase doesnt let me go beyong 0.80 – this is in the vorpx active in headset options. Is there anyway to alter a file or bypass this so I can set a value higher? I want it to fill the headset bc its amazing looking but see the black strips. This is in full vr mode in cyberpunk.

Thank you.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Left/right are almost certainly the actual screen edges that you now see because you took the gasket off, top/bottom however may be caused by the capped zoom value. In some games vorpX automatically caps the max. available zoom because a game’s FOV can’t be set high enough to still match the headset FOV beyond the capped value. In a few select cases also for performance reasons.

BoatKettleVR
    Participant

FOV would be fine. I can go a lot higher, its only at 120 atm. Is there anyway to force a higher image zoom so I can play around with it? :) or does it require coding?

Its def capped for whatever reason. :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

In Cyberpunk 2077 its capped for performance reasons. Maybe in a year or two when faster GPUs are more widespread the profile will be changed. A higher FOV can have a fairly huge impact on performance, especially in cutting edge games that draw a lot of things on the screen.

The way vorpX handles the setting of FOV and resolution for the game always ensures that the screen is fully utilized horizontically, just vertically a little bit is missing. The visible cutoff you experience horizontically is purely caused by your removal of the face gasket. Horizontically you simply see the physical screen edges, more zoom wouldn’t change that.

BoatKettleVR
    Participant

Yeah. I was thinking about about the left and right side, and agree I was probably seeing the headset because when zoomed out using edge peak the screen is massive either side.

I have a 3080 strix oc, I managed to get cyberpunk working at 40**x20**, it was quite jittery so I moved it back +50% of 3440×1440. Its super smooth and I even had all raytracing on and dlss set to pref.

Is there no way to make custom profiles? I noticed theres ways to import other profiles in vorpx.
    I suppose im just being impatient; I look forward to an updated profile. Im going to velcro a smaller cover onto my headset which will probably stop me from seeing the gap anyway.

Thanks for your hard work, it really looks great in the headset, Im blown away and thinking about restarting the whole game again to play like this once Im done tweaking the settings. The 3d looks great to me, even though its not g3d…Ive not used vorpx for a year or so until recently and do notice theres a lot that has been updated.

Another thing I noticed that with the head tracking on small movements would cause small amounts of jitter and also my headset would shift a little as I moved my head so I turned it off in this game and used the mouse and keyboard this helped also to keep my eyes deadon in the sweet-spot.

Ralf
    Keymaster

For Reverb G2 (any WMR headset actually) the next vorpX update will bring a considerable improvement. WMR over SteamVR is a bit prone to judder and generally doesn‘t work that well in various situations, e.g. with uneven game/headset framerate ratios.

I recently added OpenXR support to vorpX, which will solve these annoyances, with OpenXR WMR headsets will finally work just as well as native SteamVR headsets do with SteamVR. OpenXR is a new, and by now largely stable, VR API that eventually all headsets will support instead doing their own thing. No more SteamVR necessary for WMR headsets from the next version on. Will be out towards the end of the month.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!