Immersive mode fps WRC 9

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Immersive mode fps WRC 9

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Warrie
    Participant

Hey all, I’m trying to play WRC in Immersive Mode.
    In 2d I can play it with almost all details to the max, I9 2080 Super, but in Vorpx Immersive Mode the fps takes a HUGE hit.

I can only get stable 90fps with my G2 reverb when setting the game resolution to 1920×1080, set supersamplink in SteamVR to 70% and even then I have to set graphic details to medium.

The difficult thing about figuring out what is causing this hit is that I now have settings in VorpX, SteamVR and within the game itself.

So I was hoping maybe someone already figured out what is causing huge fps hits in Immersive mode in general?

Ogrescar
    Participant

If you’re talking about going from 2d to g3d, expect a 50% performance cost as the scene has to be rendered twice, once for each eye. 2d to z3d costs about 15%. Vorpx conveniently ignores you steamvr supersampling so you don’t need to be messing with it.

If you’re talking about performance differences between immersive and other modes there really shouldn’t be any, at least not anything significant.

Warrie
    Participant

With 2d I meant playing on my monitor, then I can play WRC with all details to the max without a problem. When playing with Vorpx in Theater or Immersive mode I immediately get this huge fps loss. That Theater mode is not in g3d right? (sorry, noob here, I though g3d was the VR mode?)

Ogrescar
    Participant

You have your 3d reconstruction modes and display modes confused. Immersive mode can be 2d, or z3d, or g3d, depending upon the reconstruction mode you’ve set in vorpx main settings. The default mode for most games is g3d, which is probably why you’ve seen a large performance drop. If you have 3d turned off, your performance should be near what you would get on your monitor minus a small amount of overhead to send the display to headset. Your fps, of course, will be limited to the hmd refresh rate.

Warrie
    Participant

I have performance mode turned off in Immersive mode. Just did a test – with graphics set to medium (and post-fx all to off) I get between 80-90fps. Only on Low I get a stable 90fps (90 is the max of my G2).
    On my monitor I can set everything to ultra and get around 150fps :-/
    I’ll test some other games in Immersive mode to see if it’s a specific WRC 9 issue. Thanks for the help btw :)

Warrie
    Participant

I used the WRC 8 profile for WRC 9 and with that I get 90fps with every graphic setting completely maxed out :D At least now I’m sure my system can handle it, now I want to find out the difference between these settings and the default profile settings. I had my performance mode turned off, this WRC 8 profile has it on Z3d mode so that’s not the reason why the default profile runs to poorly. Will post here if I found the culprit :)

Ogrescar
    Participant

Hmm, didn’t realize you were running this without a profile or I wouldn’t have confused you with the 3d reconstruction stuff. Last time I checked though, the wrc8 profile didn’t reconstruct 3d for wrc9. I think the RE7 profile works for wrc9 if you want to try that.

Warrie
    Participant

I will give that profile a try :)

Warrie
    Participant

Hi Ogrescar, it was an issue with Vorpx – after I reinstalled it everything works great :) Think it was because I used Vorpx for my Quest 1 first.

lipplog
    Participant

What does WRC stand for?

Ogrescar
    Participant

It’s an abbreviation for Who Really Cares, as in who really cares that Google is your friend.

Bulletpup
    Participant

So I am trying to make WRC 9 work with my VR headset I dont want it to look like I am just looking at a big screen while the headset is on, is it possible to actually look around the cockpit and look behind you etc. With this software?

Could it be compared to dirt rally/DR 2.0 Oculus VR versions?

To clarify, I am wanting it to look 3d, as in you are there and have depth perception and look around inside the car freely. Im also wondering if there is any perceivable latency whrn you turn your head? I use my VR headset almost exclusively for sim racing.

Im hoping someone can help me figure out if this is possible.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!