I’ve tried a few games and they are rather zoomed in so I try and to to the in game settings but while they are up the screen flashes and the menu goes away and hitting the del again doesn’t work. Any ideas?
Not sure about the menu issue unfortunately. If that happens with multiple games in a similar fashion, please check for programs that might interfere with vorpX. The trouble shooting guide in the help has a few tips in this regard.
Regarding the zoomed in image there are several things you can do. You can get many games look almost perfect in this regard. And even for those that do not offer FOV control, neither directly, nor through vorpX, there are functions in vorpX to make them playable, although not in a perfect way.
From best to worst here is what you can do:
1. Set the game FOV directly in the game if it provides to dial in an FOV of 120°,
2. Set the game FOV directly with the vorpX Game Optimizer (vorpX config app) for games that support it.
3. Set the game FOV to 120 manually through an ini tweak or external tool (avaliable for many games, google FOV + game name).
4. Use the 3D FOV Enhancement in the vorpX ingame menu (availabe in Geometry 3D games).
5. Use one of the letterbox aspect ratio modes in the vorpX ingame menu and/or ImageZoom
6. Use the 2D FOV-Enhancement in the vopX ingame menu (be aware that this distorts the image)