Interesting quote from CD Project Red (Cyberpunk)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Interesting quote from CD Project Red (Cyberpunk)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

“We render our graphics in 3D anyway – of course, the screen itself is flat, but if someone owns a 3D adapter and a pair of VR glasses, they can enjoy rudimentary VR,” said Kiciński.

This sounds really really promising for a VorpX implemtation. :)))))

I’m thinking something Tomb Raider like, where it uses the built in 3D. Being a cinema mode lover myself, this would make my minimum requirements.

jjensson
    Participant

Could you post a link to this interview, please?

EDIT: Found it – www hitc com/en-gb/2019/05/24/cd-projekt-red-cyberpunk-2077-vr-support/

Ralf
    Keymaster

What a god awful clickbait article. Headline with a handful of words taken completely out of context so that it more or less implies the opposite of what was actually said.

If anyone wonders why you usually only get meaningless PR talk from game developers these days, “journalism” like this and the potentially following minor mass hysteria are why. The poor guy from CDPR will rather bite off his own tongue before he says “VR” again…

Unpopular opinion: the world would be a (slightly) better place if you (and me) had to pay journalists for their work again like we had to for centuries. Think about it.

dborosev
    Participant

Journalism died years ago Ralf. Now its just kids with skateboards and bongs writing articles from their parents basement. Welcome to the era of misinformation and spin.

So anyways… cool that its just a step or two away from supporting VR hey?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I know. Maybe it’s time to revive it. Like most I stopped paying for newspapers years ago. Looking at how news work today I can’t help but think that was a really bad idea though.

The game is as far away from supporting VR as any other game without VR support. Nothing that was actually said by the CD Project guy indicates anything else.

dborosev
    Participant

I know, I was being a bit cheeky there after my decree. ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!