Interesting thing about Fallout 4 on HTC Vive

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Interesting thing about Fallout 4 on HTC Vive

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SecondVariety
    Participant

Last night I saw this thing potentially interesting (but I’m not a programmer). Fallout 4 did not work with the lastest VorpX and HTC Vive, but he did it when I put the 3D Vision fix taken by Helix Blog, despite reporting a conflict error with a dll. The result, though, is that the game work very well with all options except Geometry, that works but with annoying flickering on the lenses, perhaps for synchronization errors. I heard that some of you have problems with HTC Vive, and maybe can give it a try.

SecondVariety
    Participant

and sorry for the wrong title xD
    Edit: thanks for the correction ;)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Most PCs are not fast enough for Geometry 3D to work with Fallout 4 on Vive. The OpenVR runtime doesn’t handle low frame rates very well, you have to make sure to run games with 45fps+ on Vive. Normally you should see a warning in this regard.

For Fallout 4 that means that Z-Buffer 3D is the right choice. Especially if your are playing with Vive. The Oculus runtime is more forgiving in this regard.

SecondVariety
    Participant

Thanks Ralf. So it’s a performance problem. You’re right about Z-Buffer, it is convincing and light, but Fallout 4 in Geometry is really amazing: I will try to reduce some graphic options, even because until now I tried with all almost to the maximum, apart from the effects disabled by your excellent VorpX. I play with a a single 980Ti, and it’s still smooth at Ultra details with Z-Buffer 3D.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!