Inverted movement in non supported game

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Inverted movement in non supported game

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    peter-
    Participant

Hi team

I just purchased vorpx, and ran it with my RC simulator. However, I’m having a problem which is that all my head tracking is inverted.

I hit the delete button, and under head tracking I tried to invert everything but it didn’t change.

Then I reset the vorpx to factory settings and also didn’t help.

The strange this is that it work fine in cinema mode (or whatever it’s called when you are zoomed out), but when I tap the oculus controller button and zoom in then it’s all inverted..

Any ideas?

Br, Peter

dv4
    Participant

I’m having the same issue, did you find a solution?

I’ve tried resetting to factory settings and it didn’t work.

I’ve also tried using the invert settings in the head tracking settings page and those had no effect on the tracking, I also made played with the gamepad override settings, these had no effect either.

This happens with multiple game I tried, going into full VR mode. The only game that I tried so far where the tracking was fine was Fallout 4 (in-game only, menu was still inverted) probably because of the Direct VR scanner.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Without DirectVR head tracking like in FO4 after running the scan vorpX emulates a mouse for head tracking.

If you play with inverted mouse, head movement in vorpX would also be inverted. Normally the invert head tracking settings should take of that, but if it doesn’t for some reason, it might make sense to check the game’s settings.

dv4
    Participant

The thing that doesn’t make sense to me is that the tracking works fine in cinema mode and the immersive screen mode, but when I go into full vr mode the mouse moves the same way as it does in the other two modes (look left mouse moves left but the camera / view moves to the right, etc.)

I tried using a different mouse, reinstalling vorpX, tried the running as admin setting, and switched around usb ports. Nothing fixed the problem.

My mouse is not inverted. I know its not any game settings, I even have this issue with the vorpX desktop viewer.

It has to be some setting in windows or something like that. The last thing I have left to try is have a fresh install of windows. I’ll try that in a couple days to see if that somehow fixes it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That sounds indeed odd. Just a shot in the dark but if you happen to use an Oculus headset, before reinstalling Windows you could try to switch vorpX to SteamVR mode instead of native Oculus just in case it’s some weird issue regarding the Oculus runtime.

peter-
    Participant

I was wondering – does there exist a problem that can invert you mouse movement in windows? That might solve the problem (although starting the game with invested mouse might not be so fun….)

Alternatively – is it possible to program an ability to zoom in in cinema mode in the next release. I don’t understand why you can only zoom out.. the cinema screen is too small anyways I would like to be able to zoom in a bit..

Br, Peter

dv4
    Participant

I’m still having this issue even after building an entirely new PC, with a fresh install of windows. Sucks because I was pretty excited to use VorpX, but I guess it’s not for me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t really suggest anything specific for an unsupported game, so just three general things:

• Your game needs to support mouse look (free look) for the standard head tracking to work. Check its options whether that can be enabled, e.g. via a hotkey.
    • Alternatively vorpX can emulate a gamepad stick (input page of the vorpX menu). That’s rather laggy since gamepad input usually is heavily filtered by games, but better than nothing.
    • If your game supports TrackIR (many, but not all flight sim do), you might be able to use OpenTrack instead of vorpX’s head tracking. OpenTrack can emulate TrackIR input using a VR headset.
    MetaMind09
    Participant

When I was trying to play StarTrek EliteForce with Vorpx at the beginning the headset rotation were valid then suddenly it switched every orientation axis and I dont know why…I ve tried to make a “Scan memory” multiple time because it wasnt workin then it worked somehow but after it the axis inverted.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!