IPD.ALEXA.51 malware found when launching VorpX

Homepage Forums Technical Support IPD.ALEXA.51 malware found when launching VorpX

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ravingdork
    Participant

When I tried to turn on VorpX today, my AVG software flagged it as some kind of malware called IPD.ALEXA.51

VorpX then shut down and has not been able to initialize since (I’ve tried several times, and AVG keeps asking to quarantine new files). It’s been a while since I’ve used the program, but a few months back, I used it with zero issues. I think it might have been caused by the 9.1 to 9.2 automated update.

I’ve since quarantined the files in question, uninstalled VorpX, and have requested the VorpX folks to send me a new download file for the latest version.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a false positive? What exactly might have caused it?

Ralf
    Keymaster

This is a false positive.

vorpX “injects” other programs which some av programs may classify as malicious behaviour without really being sure about it. They literally guess and these guesses aren’t always very good. Unfortunately this can happen with each new vorpX update.

You should report this as a false positive to your AV vendor so they can fix the issue.

In the meantime please exclude the vorpX program folder from scanning.

Alternatively you might want to consider switching to Windows Defender, which provides excellent protection without being as invasive as some other AV scanners. Windows Defender gets enabled automatically on Windows 10 when you uninstall redundant third party AV programs.

Grocs
    Participant

I didn’t want to start a new thread on this, but even Windows Defender picked Vorpx up as a false positive after I had installed the latest 19.2 update.

I haven’t submitted the false positive report back to Microsoft yet, but will do so when I’m back at my gaming PC.

Loving Vorpx btw – especially for Cinema mode / 3D. Thanks Ralf for an excellent product.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!