Is DirectVR not working in Skyrim for anyone else anymore?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Is DirectVR not working in Skyrim for anyone else anymore?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Senan
    Participant

I Just started playing Skyrim again after about a year or so and my FOV part of the scan is failing every time. The game is currently unplayable without the proper setting and the manual option in the Vorpx menu is greyed out so I can’t alter it. I never had an issue with the DirectVR before so I’m confused what changed.

Any help is appreciated.

Ralf
    Keymaster

FOV scanning appears to be broken with the current Skyrim SE build, I was made aware of that just yesterday. Probably it’s not in the memory range anymore that the scanner expects. I’ll see what I can do, might only require a profile update. If so I’ll upload a database update within the next few days.

For the the time being open the game’s console with the ‘~’ key (the key below ESC) and type ‘fov 112 112’ (without the quotes). Confirm with enter. Alternatively you can switch to good old DX9 Skyrim, with the added benefit of much better performance.

Hint: If you switch to DX9 Skyrim and happen to be on Windows 11, make sure to use vorpX 24.1.0 (link on the front page). DX9 performance on Windows 11 is severely degraded with the last regular build.

Senan
    Participant

Awesome, thanks for the update! Glad to know it’s not just on my end for once, heh. I would definitely try the older DX9 version if I owned it but as far as I’m aware, I can’t switch the SE version to that, sadly. I’ll try to console adjustment for the time being and see how that goes.

Thanks again!

Ogrescar
    Participant

DirectVR never works correctly with Skyrim SE, at least not for me, but I use version 1.5.97. The fov scan almost always works, but the rotation always fails, even when the scan result is successful. Probably because of my 1100+ mods though, including 3 direct11 hooks and a directinput hook, so I’m lucky that vorpx even works.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!