Is ESO hooking for anyone?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Is ESO hooking for anyone?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    taeralis
    Participant

Just curious if anyone’s got it working. Mine is not playing nice at all. ESO’s always been an extra pain in the ass for Ralf, so I’m not surprised, here, but I’d certainly like to know if it’s just happening to me.

The first time I tried it, it only went to my main monitor and was super-low-rez, including 3d and 2d elements. Now, it only goes to my main monitor and it’s acting like it normally does when I set it to a lower resolution — 3d is at the target resolution, stretched, and 2d elements are displayed at my desktop resolution of 2560×1600. I love this game but they really did some weird stuff with their engine.

I should also mention that I ran the optimizer for ESO and I have everything configured in a way that worked with the 0.8 runtime and vorpX 0.9.1. (Though I was getting black flickering, presumably from framerate dips, and… well, the terrain disappeared a lot, as did some other things. I didn’t actually use it much, for these reasons. But it did hook, at least, lol)

vorpX 16.1.1 and Oculus Home 1.3.0.198914(1.3.0.202883), whatever the hell Oculus’ two version numbers are supposed to mean. And Home auto-updates, right? :\

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll check ESO shortly. Someone recently mentioned that a patch a few weeks ago removed DirectX 9 support, which is what vorpX used until now. There wasn’t time to check this yet, but it’s high on the list.

Fingers crossed that decent DX11 support will be possible, but I can’t guarantee that yet.

taeralis
    Participant

Appreciated as always, Ralf.

Hannes66
    Participant

looks like the same problem as the vorpx 9.0 have with eso. I also becam the game on the normal monitor without mouse.

greetings Hannes

Fooder
    Participant

it wont hook for me either.. ):

Fooder
    Participant

I keep getting this error message that is on the oculus white loading screen that says: “Sorry, we’re having trouble loading eso64.exe please take off your headset and check your computer for error messages. You may need to close eso64.exe or address windows associated with it in order to get back to VR.”

I don’t understand what to do. Is this a common problem with games? Does this mean I just can’t play it or is there something I can do about this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check my answer above.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!