Is it possible to move the screen up and down in desktop viewer?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Is it possible to move the screen up and down in desktop viewer?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Flandy
    Participant

I’d like to move the screen so it’s higher than it’s default position. I’ve got a recliner so it’s a bit awkward trying to use it when it’s in the default position sitting at the horizon.

If you can’t do this would you consider making this a feature Ralf?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you try to reset the view with ALT+SPACE? The screen is centered to the camera normally.

However, if that’s not what you want, you can change the perceived height with a little trick: move up or down your head, then recenter with ALT+SPACE and move back to your preferred position.

Flandy
    Participant

Did you try to reset the view with ALT+SPACE? The screen is centered to the camera normally.

However, if that’s not what you want, you can change the perceived height with a little trick: move up or down your head, then recenter with ALT+SPACE and move back to your preferred position.

I did try it and this only moves it left or right. I want to move it up and down but that’s not possible at the moment

Minabe
    Participant

I have tried doing this many times but as OP claims, the screen will only move left/right, never up/down.

Incidentally, wanted to ask about MPC-HC. Been using it since a while ago and have noticed it sometimes auto-corrects the camera’s position on vr videos (SBS) but there is no way of doing it manually and when i reset the view (ALT+SPACE), it also resets the auto-corrected position of the camera.

This auto-correct feature only happens when a video starts and not always which makes it a bother to try and use it, and begs the question of how does it even work in the first place?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Maybe my explanation wasn’t good enough. Please do this step by step:

1. Move yourself up (or down depending on the result you want to achieve)
    2. While you are in the up/down position press ALT+SPACE
    3. Move back to your original position

Your center position will now be either higher or lower than the original center position. No way that the screen moves left/right when you follow these steps.

MPC:

vorpX does not do any auto-recentering while in cinema/immersive mode on purpose, but it probably does when you watch spherical VR videos. Can’t remember 100% currently, but that would definitely make sense since with spherical VR videos the viewing position is supposed to be exactly where the recording camera was, i.e. in the sphere’s center.

Flandy
    Participant

Maybe my explanation wasn’t good enough. Please do this step by step:

1. Move yourself up (or down depending on the result you want to achieve)
    2. While you are in the up/down position press ALT+SPACE
    3. Move back to your original position

Your center position will now be either higher or lower than the original center position. No way that the screen moves left/right when you follow these steps.

MPC:

vorpX does not do any auto-recentering while in cinema/immersive mode on purpose, but it probably does when you watch spherical VR videos. Can’t remember 100% currently, but that would definitely make sense since with spherical VR videos the viewing position is supposed to be exactly where the recording camera was, i.e. in the sphere’s center.

Ah I understand what you mean now. Before I was only tilting my head up and down. This time I tried standing and sitting back down which ended up working. Thanks for the workaround. Still I hope you add the option to move it vertically and to tilt it as a slider or something

Ralf
    Keymaster

If I understand your use case correctly, what you really want is rotating the screen up/down around your head, not just moving it.

I’ll think about it. Technically that’s easy, but the major problem I’m facing with such wishes is that every single one means at least one additional button/slider in an options menu that for some is already too complicated. So no promises.

Flandy
    Participant

If I understand your use case correctly, what you really want is rotating the screen up/down around your head, not just moving it.

I’ll think about it. Technically that’s easy, but the major problem I’m facing with such wishes is that every single one means at least one additional button/slider in an options menu that for some is already too complicated. So no promises.

Thanks for the consideration! I’ve tried out other Virtual Desktop programs but VorpX is my favorite one because of the ambient light feature

Ralf
    Keymaster

Implemented this today, you can tilt the screen in cinema and immersive screen mode with the next vorpX for reclined gaming. Just don’t fall asleep while you play. :)

Flandy
    Participant

Implemented this today, you can tilt the screen in cinema and immersive screen mode with the next vorpX for reclined gaming. Just don’t fall asleep while you play. 🙂

Dang you work fast lol. Thanks for for adding the feature in the next update :D

kingabomination
    Participant

would be cool if you could make this feature adjust the screen down as well for 3DS gaming. im forced to look up to see the top screen.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!