Is it possible to unlink a process from official profile?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Is it possible to unlink a process from official profile?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MrSweggers
    Participant

Hi!

I’m looking for a way to unlink a process from an official profile.

I am currently trying a bunch of things to get Gothic 2 (absolute nostalgia bomb for me) to run in 3D, with no luck. The only way I’ve managed to get VorpX to even hook into G2 is by running a D3D11 renderer mod, which does not, however, output 3D.

I noticed that the official dgVoodoo2 profile is currently listing the Gothic2.exe process, essentially preventing me from playing around with other profiles. Is there any way to unlink a process from an official profile? Any help would be much appreciated. I’m aware that even if I can manage to do that, the chances of it actually working are slim, but damn me to hell if I won’t try everything possible before giving up. ;)

Thanks in advance!

moadepth
    Participant

Hi, dunno if I get this right,
    in VorpX it actually works the other way around, you can create a new profile from a official one . This new profile is free of every exe or process link. If you wanna use a exe or process name which is already in use by a official profile you have to rename the exe/process.

RJK_
    Participant

IIRC the official DGVoodoo2 profile has been created for DGVoodoo2 v2.51. Trying out older wrappers from around 2.51 may make the game work with vorpX.

MrSweggers
    Participant

Hey guys, thanks for your input!

First off, moadepth, the problem is that I can’t assign the process to any other profile, because it’s already attached to this immutable official profile and can’t be associated with other profiles because of this fact. I’ve tried renaming the EXE, sadly this seems to break it entirely :(

Then, RJK_, thanks for the suggestion! Could you tell me a way of achieving this?

RJK_
    Participant

For DGVoodoo2 use you will need to rename the exe as well. So first do that. If the renamed exe does work together with DGVoodoo2, then use one of the DGVoodoo2 profiles from the cloud. Note: The ones ive created vary in different ways, so try different ones.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!