Is Monster Hunter World really G3D?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Is Monster Hunter World really G3D?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dlrjajdlfo
    Participant

When I play the game, the HUD is only 3D. The others are 2D. Is this normal?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Last time I checked it was. I’ll check it before the next release to see whether something has changed.

BTW: It would be nice if you could check which sub forum your questions fit best into and then post there. That helps to keep the forum usable for yourself as well as others. Thanks again!

Edit: Just checked it, it’s still really G3D.

dlrjajdlfo
    Participant

I’m sorry for the mistake.

But once again I tested the game
    Hud is only s3d
    The main video is in 2d.
    Even shadows are only rendered on one eye.

I tried using the nvidia 3d vision profile
    It was clear then that it was a complete g3d.
    but in case of vorpx profile only hud is s3d
    I want to take a closer look.
    If it has the wrong depth, fix it next time.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I tested the game for you yesterday. Unfortunately I can not replicate your issue, G3D works perfectly fine. Also no other reports of something like this.

If you changed any vorpX settings, please try to reset the profile to default in the config app (‘Local Profiles’ page).

And just in case: if you happen to use a non-Steam version of the game, please use the Steam version.

dlrjajdlfo
    Participant

I am sorry
    I reinstall game again then issue solved
    now it looks great G3d
    thanks again

Ralf
    Keymaster

No problem, glad this is solved.

Petoodle
    Participant

I actually have the same issue. I’m also going to try to reinstall the game.
    Also: when I use a custom resolution higher than my screen can handle, using anything but Geometry (Z3D, Znormal, etc) makes only an inner screen appoximately the size of my monitor function in 3D.

In Geometry3D the game itself stays flat except for the menu though. I will let you know if reinstalling also worked for me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Should still work normally. I checked the game multiple times over the last few days while doing some general play testing.

Petoodle
    Participant

I reinstalled and took the default profile.
    I found out that the G3D only works in 1920×1080 and not after I change it in the main menu to 1920×1440. If I change it back after it works again.

Also, the 3D effect doesn’t feel very strong in the game (even when amped up to max), but it shows a little.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what you consider strong 3D, but at max the player character, which in reality would be about 2m big, looks like a garden gnome. I.e. in terms of VR, which aims at recreating realistic scale, 3D is actually way too strong when you amp it up.

Petoodle
    Participant

The 3D effect is okay, I just really like it when it pops out of the screen. Is there anything to do about the custom resolution not working though?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Looks as if switching to a 4:3 res somehow confuses vorpX’s G3D heuristics in this game. TBH I’d rather not redo the profile just for this, so please stick to any 16:9 wide screen res in this case. Those should all work. I’ll add an according start hint to the profile.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!