Is playing a game and watching YouTube simultaneously possible?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Is playing a game and watching YouTube simultaneously possible?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    HalloMolli
    Participant

Hey, so is it possible to play a game and at the same time have a second window dedicated for, say, YouTube?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not with vorpX alone, but at least for SteamVR there are tools that can display a desktop window in VR. Forgot the names unfortunately…

HalloMolli
    Participant

Not with vorpX alone, but at least for SteamVR there are tools that can display a desktop window in VR. Forgot the names unfortunately…

Dear Ralf, you are absolutely right. In fact, I’ve been using Desktop+ (free tool on Steam) to achieve this. I play SteamVR games such as Eleven table tennis, SkyrimVR etc. while having a second window pop up with my browser so I can watch YT or netflix and everything works flawlessly. Even Oculus games work without any problems.

It’s only when I start vorpx (in the vorpx config tool I changed back to Steam VR since I use a WMR headset) the second window which I created with Desktop+ for this purpose freezes as soon as I start a game. It’s still there where I put it but unfortunately it’s frozen so it becomes unusable and I have not found a way to make it work with vorpx.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!