Is there a way I can bring support to games that aren't currently supported?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Is there a way I can bring support to games that aren't currently supported?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    strunberg
    Participant

Halo Online has a working multiplayer now.

I want to make vorpx to be compatible with halo online.
    How could I bring support to not only Halo Online but other games as well?

NipOc
    Participant

You can rename the Halo .exe to a .exe of a game that is supported.
    This is the only way for now and it does not work for all games.
    (It would of course work better if the game engine of the game you want to play in vr is already supported, like the unreal engine 3 (Bioschock), or the source engine (Half life 1+2)…)

strunberg
    Participant

You can rename the Halo .exe to a .exe of a game that is supported.
    This is the only way for now and it does not work for all games.
    (It would of course work better if the game engine of the game you want to play in vr is already supported, like the unreal engine 3 (Bioschock), or the source engine (Half life 1+2)…)

Why is that the only way? Is there a way I can add code? If not do they ever plan to make the software open source so more games will be supported more quickly?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

I want to make mmos supported with the software,along with a VR tredmil for the ultimate cardio experience.

xpadder would let me use a xbox controler and a add on keyboard module, to allow me to control the game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX works with many unsupported games out of the box already, minus the Stereo 3D though, provided they are using DirectX 9 or above for rendering. For basic 3d support the renaming trick suggested above does essentially the same as applying a profile without game specific adjustments would do.

We may add a way to make profiles in the future. That’s not a priority though currently. Making a good profile requires quite deep understanding of how rendering games works internally.

A gamepad emulation similar to Xpadder is included in vorpX. It’s rather basic though, so an external program may be the better way if you need more fine grained control.

NipOc
    Participant

Renaming also helps with games that vorpx doesn’t detect e.g. Killer is dead was only detected after i renamed it.

Acaideus
    Participant

I also wanted to get Halo Online to work with Vorpx. Renaming the exe is not an option as the game doesn’t work if every file isn’t named and accounted for normally.

Laser
    Participant

Could you add an “inclusion” part to the vorpX configuration so we could manually add .exe’s that aren’t officially supported. Or is there another way in windows to make link’s or shortcuts to fool vorpx?

For example I tried running the talos principle demo with vorpX but it didn’t work because the .exe is named differently and most steam games won’t run if you try to change them.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Overhauling the profile system to support multiple .exes per profile is on the todo list for quite some time. This won’t make it into 0.9, but will be addressed eventually.

Laser
    Participant

Nice :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!