IS there no way to re-map the edge peek button to be a different button?

Homepage Forums Technical Support IS there no way to re-map the edge peek button to be a different button?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ender772
    Participant

I really need to use the edgepeek button. i just needed one more button to use. and its in the best spot for it. is there no way to remap the edge peek button

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can remap hotkeys in the config app under ‘in-game key bindings’.

Ender772
    Participant

What good are the hot keys though? They dont list the grip button as a button I can assign

Ralf
    Keymaster

I thought you meant the keyboard shortcuts, sorry for the confusion.

The VR controller grip buttos are hard coded. You can rebind every other VR controller button, but the grip buttons have to be hard coded with vorpX functions to ensure mappings are interchangeable between the various VR controller types as good as possible.

Ender772
    Participant

id rather use the delete key on the keyboard..shoot..it doesnt seem like it would be that hard to chabge

The Spellwright
    Participant

I’ve got a similar conundrum to Ender here. I understand that it’s not possible to rebind edge peek from the VR controller grip button for technical reasons, but is there an option to simply disable edge peek from the VR controller?

I tried disabling some options in the Vorpx menu that seemed related, but I didn’t have any luck. I’m hoping that there is a way to disable VR controller edge peek (while keeping keyboard edge peek) and I just missed it.

magicmars
    Participant

Hi there, sorry to hijack this but how do I start a topic on this forum? I can’t find the option to do so anywhere.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Please stop hijacking threads and scroll to the bottom of the subforum page where you want to add a topic. The option is right there.

magicmars
    Participant

Thanks, don’t know how I didn’t see that

The Spellwright
    Participant

I’m concerned that my question got lost in the confusion above, so I’ll ask it one more time (and more succinctly, at that).

Is there any way to disable controller edge peek? I’d like to use my VR controller buttons for gameplay only and use keyboard/mouse when edge peek is needed.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Quote from above:

The VR controller grip buttos are hard coded. You can rebind every other VR controller button, but the grip buttons have to be hard coded with vorpX functions to ensure mappings are interchangeable between the various VR controller types as good as possible.

To add on that: rebinding the left grip button (mapping shift) would disable half the mapping, so you definitely don‘t want that function gone.

The Spellwright
    Participant

Thank you for the quick answer. I consider “disabling” and “rebinding” to be different functions, which is why I asked for clarification.

Would you ever entertain allowing this function to be disabled, or is that request too difficult to implement and/or too niche?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can‘t really give you any other answer than the one above, sorry. The grip buttons are hard coded to keep mappings interchangeable between the various controller types. In that respect rebinding and disabling (rebinding to nothing) is the same thing.

Sometimes a little bit of customizability has to be sacrificed for improving general usability.

apeone
    Participant

Found a way around it. In steamVR you can custom bind keys for controller, changed the grip buttons there to be somting els (for me left and right stick button), then changed those key bindings in VorpX menu to do what I wanted it for.
    Hope this helps, a little hard to explain with words.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!