Is vorpX abandoned / dead?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Is vorpX abandoned / dead?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jjensson
    Participant

I’m very interested in VR, and a big proponent of the idea of playing all classic games in VR – it has been a dream of mine for a long time. I’m still waiting for the Vive price to drop a bit and / or for the Rift to be available at european dealers.

Every day i come to the vorpX website to look for news, and it is very disappointing that nothing is happening. The last news is from April 30th.

Is vorpX done? Or am i too pessimistic and the developer is working behind the scenes on some mindblowing new features?

Would be nice to have a heads up.

Ralf
    Keymaster

It’s very alive and kicking. I’m not sure how you even got that impression. vorpX is around since three years, why should we abandon it shortly after the commercial headsets were released? Also I am posting here almost every day…

As always, the next update will be announced when there is a fixed date for it.

jjensson
    Participant

I’m very glad to hear it Ralf! Thanks for update.

Karlor
    Participant

How could you think its dead when you “check” here everyday and see that it’s in full ongoing development? Just kind of weird….

Dayn
    Participant

@Ralf.

Hi. I was about to post a thread similar to this started by jjensson, just to ask about updates.
    So Im pleased he did, and you responded with the info about being “It’s very alive and kicking”

One quick question, and forgive it if its obvious.
    But before I get my copy of VorpX, as I have just received my Vive.

The next updates will also include ongoing Vive fixes and features etc?
    Just making sure.

Thanks for any feedback.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX is being developed with and for all relevant PC based VR headsets. Right now this means Oculus Rift and of course also HTC Vive.

Dayn
    Participant

That is all I needed to know.

Purchase incoming.

Thanks for the feedback Ralf.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!