issue with resolution

Homepage Forums Technical Support issue with resolution

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ste1214
    Participant

Hi, I’m having an issue when trying to use my oculus rift with Skyrim original.
    no matter which resolution I set the game to (mainly 1920×1080 native) vorpx switches the in game settings to 800×600 in the game launcher and 1080×1013 in the Skyrimpref.ini file.
    so when booting into the game with the headset on I’m left with, where the image should be…. a box with lots of noise/lines where there is no picture and then in the top left of this box there is a smaller box with the actual game image.

sorry if that doesn’t explain it very well, I’m not to clued up on VR at the moment

any help would be great

Ralf
    Keymaster

The resolution in the ini sounds perfectly fine, the launcher doesn’t show it correctly. Your issue is almost certainly is not related to the resolution.

First and foremost make sure to reset the game’s profile to its default values before you continue. You can do that on the trouble shooting page of the vorpX config app.

If you want to try without the resolution auto setting and set a resolution manually instead, you can disable it for troubleshooting purposes in the config app (“Never change any game settings”).

gcogger
    Participant

It may not help much, but your description of the image (image at top left, noise/lines elsewhere) is exactly the same as I get when I switch Skyrim to ZBuffer instead of G3D.

ste1214
    Participant

I have just done some testing and it only seems to happen when the internal resolution upscale is changed to 2.0

when set to 1.0 the problem is no longer there

ste1214
    Participant

I need the upscale set at 2 though otherwise the quality aint to great

Ralf
    Keymaster

The upscale option only works correctly with Geometry 3D, not with Z-Buffer 3D.

Alternatively to using the upscale option you can select a higher resolution on the DirectVR page of the vorpX ingame menu.

ste1214
    Participant

I’ll try that now, thanks for your help

ste1214
    Participant

internal resolution upscale I put back to 1.0 and I changed the resolution on the DirectVR to 1440 which fixed the problem. thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!