Issues with Grid

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Issues with Grid

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rodleach
    Participant

Hi,

I’m after some much needed help. Before I start I feel I should warn you..

I’ve only used macs for the past few years, so I’ve turned into a PC n00b.

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong but really need some help. One of the big draws of the rift and VorpX was playing racing games and Grid is high on my list of must plays however, despite it being listed as supported it just crashes out every time.

The video and sound stutter then the .exe stops responding.

I’ve put -dx9 in the launch option for Steam and disabled SLI but yeah.. I’m lost now!

PC spec is intel i5 4670k, 8gb ram and gtx 760 sli.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi rodleach,

Unfortunately I can’t give you any specific advice. GRID should run perfectly fine normally, it’s not at all known as a game that can cause trouble.

The -dx9 switch is not neccessary btw., GRID is DX9 only.

All I have for you is the general trouble shooting sticky on the top of this forum. Maybe it contains something useful for your issue. Your problem sounds very odd though, so it might also be something machine specific.

rodleach
    Participant

Hi Ralf!

Cheers for getting back to me so quickly.

The fact the game just works for everyone is what concerns me..

It’s nice to know that I don’t need to bother with the -dx9 aspect.. I did say I was a n00b..

I’ll go over the sticky again tomorrow when I’m back at my desk with the rift.

I’ll let you know how I get on :-)

Awesome software btw.. VorpX is what convinced me to get the rift!

rodleach
    Participant

I’ve gone over all the troubleshooting in the sticky and I’m still getting the same stutter then .exe crash.

I can see VorpX is trying to make a message in the top left but it’s broken.

I’ve no idea where to find error logs for the game as Ive gone over everything I can see and can’t see anything for it.

Would a video or picture of the half broken message help you at all to help me?

Thanks for the assistance so far. Really appreciate it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The message is most likely just the normal message that always appears when the game starts.

Please write a mail to support |at| vorpx com. The issue sounds really odd, but I’d like to try at least a few individual trouble shooting steps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!