Issues with installation

Homepage Forums Installation and Registration Support Issues with installation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SnowDapples
    Participant

I always have this issue when trying to install vorpX:
    error message
    Tried starting the installer as admin, didn’t change.
    Bitdefender is also deactivated, since it was giving false positives for anything from vorpX.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you try to install to another location? Looks like for whatever reason the install dir is locked. Re-booting might also be worth a try if you haven’t done that already.

BTW: Please report the false positive to BitDefender if you find the time for that. That would help us and possibly others greatly.

One general thing: The way this works in vorpX is not well suited for really large movements (standing up and running arounf will not work). This works best when being seated. Normal upper body movement (peeking around an egde, leaning into the scene etc.) should work fine.

SnowDapples
    Participant

Yea, tried a different folder on the save drive, then a folder directly on C and even tried installing on a different drive, all give the same problem.
    Also tried rebooting, still same problem.

I can do the report thing after I get VorpX to run ;D

Ralf
    Keymaster

Very odd issue. I’m not sure if I can be of any help though. I’d really like to present you a solution, but this is totally unheard of unfortunately.

If the problem persists, please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com. Before you receive your activation key I can refund your purchase in case you do not find a solution.

SnowDapples
    Participant

I found the solution:
    Even though Bitdefender wasn’t running, for some reason it kept the installer from moving the vorpControl.exe into the installation folder.
    After uninstalling Bitdefender, it worked without any problems.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that. I’ll try to contact Bitdefender about this. Some of these AV-companies are remarkably unwilling to communicate though…

SnowDapples
    Participant

In case you need some more info:
    I used Bitdefender Free on Windows 8.1 x64.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!