Jedi: Fallen Order – controller issue with Rift S

Homepage Forums Technical Support Jedi: Fallen Order – controller issue with Rift S

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jjensson
    Participant

I got the game working/hooking in VorpX with the console enabler (for the FOV mod). But the Touch controllers don’t work as a gamepad. When i switch to KB/Mouse in the VorpX menu, i can move around in the game menus and the mouse pointer moves as well. But when i switch to “gamepad” in the the VorpX menu, the controls are unresponsive – i can’t access the menues, and i can’t even bring up the Oculus dash.

Is this some known issue? Did i miss something? Could somebody help, please?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If using the controllers as gamepad does not work as expected for a particular game, the best course of action is to use them as mouse/keyboard. That’s why both options exist. Typically that’s the case in games that do not allow mouse (emulated by vorpX for head tracking) and gamepad input at the same time.

You can freely change the button mapping to you liking in the vorpx menu.

jjensson
    Participant

But i *want* to use the gamepad controls, like analog movement acceleration. And after all, Fallen Order is made to be played with controller in the first place.

I just figured out that if i unplug my keyboard, the gamepad emulation magically starts working – that is my 1st impression. I think it is an issue w/ the game, because no matter what, the hints for the controls in the start menu are always keyboard-bindings.

I will give an update after i start the gameplay. Thanks!

jjensson
    Participant

Short update: I can’t reproduce the workaround with unplugging the keyboard. Damn. I’ll try to find a way to force gamepad mode in the game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Like said above, unfortunately there are games that do not allow mouse and gamepad input at the same time. Whenever vorpX requires to emulate a mouse for head tracking in such a game, you obviously cannot use a gamepad natively. vorpX can’t magically remove such limitations if the game devs decided not to allow mouse/gamepad input at the same time.

What vorpX can do however is offering you a solution by emulating mouse and keyboard with your VR controllers to handle such cases, the alternatives would be either no head tracking or no Vr controller support at all in affected games.

jjensson
    Participant

Ralf, i understand what you are saying. But keep in mind that i want to play it in Immersive Screen mode without head tracking, only with sticks control (Head Tracking Multiplier = 0), like i played The Witcher 3. I call this “decoupled camera”.

Or does the head tracking in front of Immersive Screen also occur over mouse input? I thought that this is the same tracking as in front of Oculus Dash, because i can usually call the Dash while i’m in the game.

And another question comes to mind. In Jedi: Fallen Order the default VorpX controller is *gamepad*. Why?

Ralf
    Keymaster

if that‘s the case, then it probably should work normally. Not sure why it does not for you.

Either way, you can easily address your „problem“ by using the mouse/gamepad emulation instead, which except for analog movement should work just as well as the gamepad emulation (after re-mapping a handful of keys).

jjensson
    Participant

Well, as i said, i don’t want to lose the analog movement. I’ll try to find a solution and use the KB/M emulation as a last resort.

Thanks, Ralf.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!