Jedi Fallen Order G3D Black Screen

Homepage Forums Technical Support Jedi Fallen Order G3D Black Screen

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Chris11115
    Participant

Hello,

Jedi Fallen Order is not working right in G3D for me.

Sometimes everything works, but most of the time, one of the two screens remains black. I tried it with HTC Vive Pro and Pimax 5k+ and changed the game settings around a bit, but nothing worked so far.

Anyone else has/had issues? Is there a known fix?

steph12
    Participant

does this game has dlss ? if so, try to disable it.

Ogrescar
    Participant

You need to make sure the game starts up in G3D mode. If you start it with Z3D and then switch, the G3D will get messed up.

Chris11115
    Participant

That did the trick. Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Chris: Switching to G3D after launching a game with Z3D may cause glitches in games with more complex renderers since for performance reasons with Z3D some things only relevant for G3D are skipped. In games where that is a known issue (incl. Fallen Order) there should be a little warning in that regard popping up directly below the option in the menu when you switch to G3D after launching the game with Z3D.

I consider this message pretty essential for avoiding confusion. Would be great if you could let me know whether it is shown for you when you launch the game with Z3D and then switch to G3D.

Chris11115
    Participant

I started the game in Z3D and switched to G3D just now, the message did not appear.

However, if I remember correctly, I think it did show up the first time I started the game and switched to G3D. But fool that I am I thought this was just a general warning that performance in G3D will be worse and did not read it thoroughly. After I changed some video settings and restarted the game (unfortunately back in Z3D) and it not work, I thought that I should take a closer look at the hint again. But from that point on, it did not appear again.

Btw. even though the G3D setting in this game looks breathtaking in parts, it also has quite a lot of technical hiccups for me. Flickering white stripes around the edges and weird shadows (?), even though they are set to off in VorpX. Changing the focal offset has an effect on that but I did not find a setting to get it just “right”. This is the first official profile for me where G3D is not really playable to me. Not sure though, whether this is again a problem on my end. I went back to playing in Z-Normal, which also looks good and has practically no technical issues.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I see, that clearly is not how it’s supposed to be. Whether the message is shown is defined by a flag in the profile, so under normal circumstances it should be always shown when the game is launched with Z3D originally. Maybe there is some odd bug, I’ll check whether I can replicate that here somehow.

As far as the still active shadows are concerned: sounds as if not all relevant shaders are defined in the profile. Would be great if you could send a savegame from a location that shows the issue to support |at| vorpx com. The savegame folder per default is C:\Users\[Your User]\Saved Games\Respawn\JediFallenOrder\

Chris11115
    Participant

I just sent you my savefiles and VorpX profile(s).

Today I set the profile back to factury default again and the message now shows up again. The flickering shaders still persist.

Thanks in advance for your amazing support!

Chris11115
    Participant

Can’t help but switch back to G3D and play (around) for a bit every now and then. It is (or would be) just the ultimate way to play. I completely understand that Ralf has higher priorities right now, especially with Cyberpunk coming out, but can any other users confirm whether the shader problem in G3D is a general one and I can stop messing around? ;-) Or whether everythings looks smooth in your setup?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Judging from your description I’m quite certain that I will have to fix the profile. I’m indeed fairly occupied with Cyberpunk currently, but haven’t forgotten this issue. I’ll look into it when I get the chance. For the time being please switch to Z3D.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Sorry which profile is it that has G3D. I get the same issue or how exactly do you enable G3D first?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The official profile has both G3D and Z3D. For switching to G3D change the setting in the vorpX menu, press OK+SAVE and restart the game. There still is the supposed shadow flickering issue though, didn’t have a chance to look into that yet, so Z3D is probably the better choice currently.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Wow this game is f’in amazing in G3D

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!