just arrived

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion just arrived

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cole00
    Participant

Hi all, my quest 2 just arrived and i just downloaded vorpx. how do i get it setup with my laptop? i mainly bought it for elder scrolls online and mostly sim racing, my fanatec wheel setup is on its way.

any help getting me going is greatly appreciated. tia

Ralf
    Keymaster

With a gaming laptop you first and foremost have to make sure that games run on the dedicated GPU, not on the integrated GPU. If possible disable the integrated GPU altogether.

Elder Scrolls Online annoyingly manages to end up with a black logon screen after almost every game update until the profile gets fixed. Luckily there is an easy workaround: If you encounter the issue, disable 3D in the vorpX menu for logging on. You can turn it back on in the actual game. The issue only affects the login screen.

For further information I’d like to kindly direct you to the help that comes with vorpX. You can access it from the config app. The ‘Quickstart’ and ‘Essential Game Hints’ guides should cover the most important beginner’s questions.

BTW: I changed your forum nickname. Was displaying your full mail address, which I assumed is not really what you wanted.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

@cole00 – Many of the more recent racing sims directly support VR, so you won’t have to force all of them into VR through vorpX. Unless you have an absurdly powerful modern laptop built with gaming in mind you might consider an external GPU. I have NOT researched if there is increased latency using an external GPU. If there is, that solution may not work for you. But it’s worth a try as the vast (vast) majority of laptops probably won’t give you a great experience in VR; either native or through vorpX.
    (OT: Avid racing sim guy too. If you don’t have it yet get the now-nearly free Assetto Corsa (NOT ACC). For one thing, it’s just a very good sim. But it’s also very undemanding, so it runs extremely well in VR. It is a title with a dedicated VR mode. There are mods that will give you night, thunderstorms, fireworks, rain, more tracks, more cars, you name it. Hands-down the best sim I’ve ever driven.)

expatpanama
    Participant

hi, I just arrived too & I can’t get a key to register. What do I do w/ no key in my email

Pete

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please follow the instructions on top of the license dialog that pops up when you start vorpX. Your key will usually arrive a few minutes after you have sent the mail with the request code.

Make sure to send the mail from the same mail address that you entered into the purchase form, otherwise the auto responder doesn’t recognize it’s you and the request has to be processed manually (which will take longer).

expatpanama
    Participant

Please follow the instructions on top of the license dialog that pops up when you start vorpX. Your key will usually arrive a few minutes after you have sent the mail with the request code.

Make sure to send the mail from the same mail address that you entered into the purchase form, otherwise the auto responder doesn’t recognize it’s you and the request has to be processed manually (which will take longer).

All that stuff was done. I got the key, I started up the dialog box again, I pasted the name & the key and I got a box that said “Registration did not succeed”. I email this to the Registry people and was told to paste more than the key in the box for the key. I tried different amounts and still got the “Registration did not succeed”. Finally I emailed in the entire history and no answer.

You’ve got a lot of satisfied customers so I’d like to know what’s wrong. Is it my VPN? Did I paste something wrong? Did I try too many times & got frozen out? Please help me.

expatpanama
    Participant

It’s solved now & thanks for being there. Now all I have to do it figure out how to make the drivers work.

Pete

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!