Just bought Vorpx

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Just bought Vorpx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mot
    Participant

Apart from some small issues with the download, I got it up and running with no problems. I got my key within 5 mins. I been trialling some of the games I have installed already for 3 hours. So far looks very promising (as in fan-bloody-tastic), definitely surpasses expectations with all the negative comments I had seen about it! I imagine once I learn how to use it properly playing my fav non VR games in VR will be just as I imagined it would be.

I almost got into an argument with a mate last year about being able to play non VR games in VR. I wont go into details, but he strongly believed that only VR native games would be possible. I am very glad he was wrong.

This is actually my first VR specific software purchase (apart from Virtual Desktop which doesn’t count as its not a game), I had a few games already that are either native or modded for VR.

Possibly the best $55 I’ve spent on software in a long time. Keep up the great work Ralph and Co.

Tom.

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

It’s an amazing purchase and it is so sad that people bitched so much about it in the beginning. Most of those comments are fairly old. And then there are people who expect all of their favorite games to work out of the box without doing any research.
    I do think it should have had better official documentation that clearly states what games work, what to expect and how to set it up, instead of having to scour the internet for unofficial how-to-guides. I honestly think Ralf could have prevented a lot of the misconceptions had he called it experimental software or early access in the beginning… Maybe even still, even though it has achieved amazing things, that I’d never thought to be possible.

onetoo
    Participant

It’s an amazing purchase and it is so sad that people bitched so much about it in the beginning. Most of those comments are fairly old. And then there are people who expect all of their favorite games to work out of the box without doing any research.
    I do think it should have had better official documentation that clearly states what games work, what to expect and how to set it up, instead of having to scour the internet for unofficial how-to-guides. I honestly think Ralf could have prevented a lot of the misconceptions had he called it experimental software or early access in the beginning… Maybe even still, even though it has achieved amazing things, that I’d never thought to be possible.

Wasn’t it Beta up until 1.0?

freelivorno
    Participant

hi im new i cant to work well any game. Also listed game like oultast are very bad and unplayable. Someone can tell me some guidance to start one game.
    I ve tryed for i underestand, guide in volp configuration but nothing. I use oculus and i have bought vorpx 2 days ago

Mot
    Participant

Might be better to start a new thread mate. Also there are some getting started guides in these forums which I found helpful.

One tip I can give if you have an AMD graphics card is enable “Virtual Super Resolution” in AMD settings. That will give you the option to set higher resolutions in most games than your monitor would normally allow. This makes a big difference to quality.

Another would be try “Direct VR scan” in VorpX in-game menu. This only works for games on the “Optimise Game Settings” list. I think.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!