Just Starting with Oculus Rift S

Homepage Forums Technical Support Just Starting with Oculus Rift S

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Damogag
    Participant

Ok I want to play steam game, Star Wars Battlefield 2. When I put on my Oculus Rift S, it automatically puts me into the Oculus home environment. So to see my Desktop w/in Oculus Home so I can start VorpX and Steam Games, I have to use Virtual Desktop. Then I start VorpX then Start the Steam Game w/o using Steam VR. Now I can play this game within Oculus Home using Virtual Desktop.
    Is this how this program is supposed to work? I’ve been looking for a good video on Youtube, but most are just ppl playing the game, they don’t go into how you set the game up to play and whether or not you have to use Oculus Home or Virtual Desktop or Steam VR to play the game. I assumed once I had started VorpX I would just go into Steam then start the game normally without Steam VR and play. But that doesn’t happen because when I put my headset on its automatically in Oculus home and then the only way to see the computer to get to the game is to use Virtual Desktop. How are other ppl playing games with this program using an Oculus Rift?

Damogag
    Participant

This may have something to do with VorpX destop Viewer…I’ve never been able to get this program to work or load…running version 20.3.1…

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to launch the game directly from your Windows desktop without using the Oculus desktop first. Normally that should work, but in case it causes some kind of issue, it might make sense to try without.

Damogag
    Participant

Hey thanks. Yeah I was making it more difficult. Just turn on Vorpx…go to Steam ..and launch Game…then put on headset. works pretty well. Still tweaking things like lowering Head Set Tracking to zero so my headset isn’t controlling my mouse. Been playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 in Vorpx. The resolution seems much better and more playable than trying to do so in SteamVR Virtual Desktop or Oculus Home using Virtual Desktop. Take care.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!