Just Wanted To Point Out a First Person Mod for Mass Effect Andromeda

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Just Wanted To Point Out a First Person Mod for Mass Effect Andromeda

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TheBalt
    Participant

Hey everyone,

So i used this mod a few years ago and the modauthor ended up ‘hiding’ it on Nexusmods, making it impossible to download. Someone else made a First Person Mod – but they dont show the weapons in your hand, this one does, so it really turns Andromeda into a pretty incredible First Person Shooter. I did some digging over the course of the last few days and found a link for it that works with Frosty Mod Manager. I tried getting it to work with the “EA Games” app version of Mass Effect Andromeda and was unsuccessful – I then downloaded the Steam version of the game and got it to work.

It is actually quite well done and makes for a pretty solid first person VR experience.

Here is a short bit of gameplay so you can see if it might interest you:

Here is the link for the mod:
    https://mega.nz/file/AHQn2QIB#iLT-eh5oAmBtPd1bm1UQZa9D2Eauv7fWbEkMprelALo

And youll need Frosty Mod Manager to use it, its the option on the right, just click “Download” under “Mod Manager”:
    https://frostytoolsuite.com/downloads.html

Place the files into whatever folder you like for the mod and the Mod Manager. Run the Mod Manager in Admin mode. If youre using Steam, I had to select the “New” option on the bottom right and direct it to the game’s .exe. Most people will have that under Program Files(x86) – Steam – Steamapps – Common – Mass Effect Andromeda. Choose the file named MassEffectAndromeda.exe

Once youve selected that, it should populate on the Mod Manager’s main page, select the game and then on the bottom right of the Mod Manager choose “Select”

Now that you have the Mod Manager attached to ME Andromeda, on the top left corner there is an option to “Add Mod(s)”; select that and then just select the Mod’s zip folder, wherever you installed it; it should be called “First Person Toggle 1.2-771-1-2-1564773598.zip”

No need to unzip the file, the Mod Manager will handle that.

Now that you have the mod populated in the Mod’s list, select it and press “Apply Mods”, it should be near the center of the Mod Manager’s screen. Once its “applied”, make sure the box is checked in and then, from the Mod Manager, press “Launch”, toward the top of the window. It will boot the game up and apply the mod.

You can shift in and out of First Person by holding down on the Dpad of your controller.

Go ahead and get it modded and running properly, then use Vorpx to turn it into a VR game.

Hope you guys can enjoy, its alot of fun – I know the game gets a rough rap overall but the combat in First Person VR is realy quite exciting. I recommend playing the character with the “Charge” attack, but, make whatever you like – its just fun to be in VR and teleport like 40 feet at someone and get up in their grill with a shotgun.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. It -MIGHT- work with EA’s Game launcher or Origin, but I didnt have success with it. If you try to get it to work with those and it doesnt – You can get “EA Play” on Steam for 4.99 for a month and make sure the game is up and running for you for just 5 bucks. But Vorpx has an official profile for the game – and while I found Geometry 3d to be glitchy, the Zadaptive and Znormal options look great.

Take care folks!

TheBalt
    Participant

This part was a typo in my instructions:
    And youll need Frosty Mod Manager to use it, its the option on the right, just click “Download” under “Mod Manager”:
    https://frostytoolsuite.com/downloads.html

The Mod Manager is on the LEFT side of the page, not the right. Sorry for any confusion

Laser
    Participant

Looks good and runs nice on z-normal, also got the first person mod working. Only thing is that I can´t get rid of the mouse cursor, it´s stuck to the middle of the screen. I´ve seen that this isn´t a vr/vorpx problem only but the fixes that i´ve found (custom .dll file etc) have no effect. It´s a small bug but makes it “unplayable” because of it.

Laser
    Participant

Seems to be a Frostbite engine thing since I have the same problem with Mirror´s Edge Catalyst

luka2099
    Participant

Thaks you too much. I have ever play with mod that no see weapon. With the new mod the game are great! Fov 139!

Laser
    Participant

Well never mind on that mouse cursor problem since I forgot vorpx has its own keybind for hiding the cursor (Alt-C)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!