Killer7… some possibilities?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Killer7… some possibilities?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    killer7
    Participant

Hello! I know that Killer7 is probably not so famous or popular game (and it’s 15 years old), but i think that would be great to play it in VR.

I tried it, but sadly it’s impossible to play it on Quest 2.

What do you think?

Ogrescar
    Participant

I think that you don’t provide enough info for anyone to respond to.

killer7
    Participant

Well, let’s start with a trailer…

Ogrescar
    Participant

Well, that’s a start, but your statement about it being impossible to play on Quest 2 needs more detail.

Anyway, it’s a Renderware game according to Wikipedia and there are several G3D profiles for games that use that engine, so it may be doable.

killer7
    Participant

Well, that’s a start, but your statement about it being impossible to play on Quest 2 needs more detail.

Anyway, it’s a Renderware game according to Wikipedia and there are several G3D profiles for games that use that engine, so it may be doable.

Really? I’m not an expert. What i should to do?

onetoo
    Participant

The game came out originally on PS2 and Gamecube. If you can get it running on either the Dolphin or PCSX2 Emulator, you can use G3D in VorpX. You may even be able to play it with DolpinVR (not likely). I also see that it’s available on Steam. Since the game was originally made with RenderWare on PS2, maybe you can use the GTA San Andreas profile or another profile with the Steam version.

To play with the Quest2, you need a Link cable (any USB C) and Oculus Home software, and/or SteamVR (compatible with Virtual Desktop for streaming).

killer7
    Participant

The game came out originally on PS2 and Gamecube. If you can get it running on either the Dolphin or PCSX2 Emulator, you can use G3D in VorpX. You may even be able to play it with DolpinVR (not likely). I also see that it’s available on Steam. Since the game was originally made with RenderWare on PS2, maybe you can use the GTA San Andreas profile or another profile with the Steam version.

To play with the Quest2, you need a Link cable (any USB C) and Oculus Home software, and/or SteamVR (compatible with Virtual Desktop for streaming).

Hi! Thank you for your post. I’m using Oculus Quest 2 with Link Cable and Steam VR, but there is no VR for killer7.

So, yeah, i need to use VorpX. Do you think that if i’ll buy this software everything will works in the right way? What about the controls? I tried to change it but it looks impossible to play Quest 2 with killer7. Is that my fault?

onetoo
    Participant

Hi! Thank you for your post. I’m using Oculus Quest 2 with Link Cable and Steam VR, but there is no VR for killer7.

So, yeah, i need to use VorpX. Do you think that if i’ll buy this software everything will works in the right way? What about the controls? I tried to change it but it looks impossible to play Quest 2 with killer7. Is that my fault?

If it’s not hooking via Steam, then you can try the Dolphin emulator, but you have to import the Dolphin Emulator Profile from the cloud if it’s not local now. It’s G3D on Cinema Mode though (Didn’t try Immersive). Dolphin has to be set to SBS in the graphics setting. I used the XBOne controller, but you can use the Quest controllers as a standard controller.

No software purchase necessary other than VorpX.

Dolphin Emulator (Gamecube and Wii)
    https://dolphin-emu.org/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!