Kingdom Come Deliverance

Homepage Forums Technical Support Kingdom Come Deliverance

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    tonka
    Participant

The easiest way to use Vive controllers in this game is to set them as gamepad but unfortunately this doesn’t work as they then do nothing. Is there any solution for this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Maybe you have to enable the gamepad first in the game’s input options.

If you can’t use VR controllers as gamepad in a game for some reason, you can use them as mouse/keyboard. That should be the default usually since it is the most compatible method. Buttons can be freely mapped in the vorpX menu.

tonka
    Participant

The game has no input options for gamepad. My Xbox One controller works fine apart from using the Back/Start buttons for Menu and Edge Peek which don’t work as they should with short and long press however it appears that the game only works with Xbox controllers so I will have to try to set the Vive controllers to KB/mouse.

Ralf
    Keymaster

It’s best to always try the VR controllers in keyboard/mouse mode first since this is the most compatible mode. Consider the gamepad mode an optional mode that might or might not work for a particular game.

Mouse/keyboard is the primary mode for VR controllers, hence that is the default.

tonka
    Participant

How are you supposed to change the default Vive controller settings?

Inputting from the keyboard does nothing neither does using the key already assigned to a button on the controller.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can freely remap the controller buttons in the vorpX menu on the VR Controller page.

To do that simply click on the “Change Button Mappings” button and adjust the mappings to your liking.

tonka
    Participant

Ralf, it doesn’t work, it’s not possible to input anything.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Never heard that before, sorry. I will look into it.

tonka
    Participant

I get the … but the only inputs that seem to work are the mouse buttons, the rest give me DEL and my keyboard has no effect.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just checked it for you. Works as it should.

1. Click on the button (letter) you want to change
    2. The button text changes to ‘…’
    3. Press the key on your keyboard that you want to assign

tonka
    Participant

I know that is how it should work but it ignores my press on the keyboard completely.

It seems that all inputs are being intercepted by the game and not passed to the Vorpx menu so if I press I the inventory screen is displayed but the Vorpx menu remains on ….

Ralf
    Keymaster

Cant replicate your issue here, sorry.

tonka
    Participant

Have you tried it in this game?

Anyway I give up so I have changed the game control settings to the default Vive controller settings.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, I have tried in Kingdom Come Deliverance, just for you, on a Saturday evening. I am really sorry, but I cannot replicate your issue.

tonka
    Participant

Ok Ralf, thanks for your trouble.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!