Kingdom Come – Full VR issues

Homepage Forums Technical Support Kingdom Come – Full VR issues

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Just installed the latest patch for VorpX today. Never tried KCD in full VR so I thought I’d try it out. (I pretty much always stick with Cinema.)
    Anyways, I set it to Full VR, ran the DirectVR scan a few times, and it was in Full VR alright, but very skewed and zoomed in. What could I be missing? It succeeded in the scan. I can try it again after re-loading.
    It also said FOV not found, and something else not found at the top of the DirectVR page. Don’t know what this means.

EDIT: Tried again, and no luck.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The FOV is not handled by the scanner but by setting the value in the game’s ini. Whenever that is the case for a game, it says “Field of View: modified game setting” on top of the Direct VR page in the menu.

If you want to check whether that worked, go to: “C:\Users\[User]\Saved Games\kingdomecome\profiles\default” and open “attributes” with a text editor.

There you should find a line with “fov” and the value 96 (with default vorpX settings). If that is the case, the FOV is perfectly correct unless you maybe changed it yourself with another method, e.g. a mod, that might override this setting.

dborosev
    Participant

No other mod was affecting the FOV, I just had it set to 75 in the game before trying the full vr.

The only things I did were change it from cinema mode to full VR, then run the scanner. At the top of the page after the scanner ran was FOV not found (or something to that effect), Rotation sucess, and head position not found. (again, not sure on exact words).
    Am I missing any crucial steps?

The full VR was definitely out of whack FOV wise, and distortion wise with the skewing, big time.

I’ll test again today if I get time.

I can always play it cinema mode, so I’m not too concerned. But the lack of cutscenes makes it a major major pain. I wonder if the cutscene video missing is a product of cinema mode? I’ll try that too.

dborosev
    Participant

Also, that file remains unchanged. It still says 75. But I can modify that fov value, and save it, and it will stay saved that way. But VorpX is not updating that file by the looks of it.

And no “Field of View: modified game setting” at the top of the directvr page. Just rotation: success, FOV unavailable, head position unavailable.

Should be noted that I can go into the attributes file and set the fov to 96 manually, and it seems to make the game much better. But VorpX isn’t doing this on its own.

dborosev
    Participant

Also, verifed that the cutscene issue happens in Full VR too.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please first check whether your vorpX version is up-to-date, should be 18.1.3. You can see that in the config app (bottom left corner).

As the next step make sure to use the official Kingdom Come Deliverance profile by doing a full factory reset (config app, trouble shooting page).

If afterwards you still do not see “Field of View: modified game setting” on top of the Direct VR page in the ingame menu, please send me a trouble shoot data archive to support |at| vorpx com. I would consider that next to impossible, but one never knows, of course.

dborosev
    Participant

I think I’ll just play in cinema mode, as I’m not super fond of the forced head movement in combat in this game anyways.

But if you find anything on the missing cutscenes, please let me know.

Thx.

nieda113
    Participant

Hi, need to second ,too about the missing cut scenes. Yesterday after finishing the first quest (before leaving he village , and got chased by a soldier) there was a cut scene in totally black window.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ dborosov: One more thing: please also make sure that the “Never change any game settings” checkbox in the config app is unchecked. I somehow have a feeling that’s the issue in your case. This option is only meant for trouble shooting purposes. If you want to prevent vorpX from changing settings for a specific game, please do that in the vorpX ingame menu on a game to game basis.

dborosev
    Participant

I did have that checked you are right, so it now works in Full mode. However, combat in this game is super barf inducing in full VR. And I never get VR sick. Lol. Its that “lock on” take over your head movement of the game. Will likely stick to cinema.

Looks like its not just me with the cutscene issues, good to know. Its a pretty big issue in this game as there is no save. If I miss a cutscene, I’ll have to replay the entire 30 minutes or however long it is in flat-screen mode just to see it, then go back and play in VR mode yet again. Major pain.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!