Large Dark Souls 2 Fan Mod Released – How to play DS2 SotFS in 1st person VR

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Large Dark Souls 2 Fan Mod Released – How to play DS2 SotFS in 1st person VR

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TheBalt
    Participant

Hey folks,

So a modder released on Nexusmods a pretty extensive reworking for Dark Souls 2. Enemy behavior and location changes, item changes, boss changes, combat speed closer to Dark Souls 3 – so decided I wanted to try it out.

I got it working pretty well on Vorpx in first person FullVR mode and wanted to give a rundown to anyone who might be interested in trying Dark Souls 2 in first person VR.

Each time you decide to play; it will take about 2 minutes to properly setup your game and then youre good to go.

Below are the links for a First Person CheatEngine mod and with it a FOV Cheat Engine Mod.

https://app.mediafire.com/1kmp5l03ah0t4

I am sorry I do not know who these mod authors are, I have had these files sitting in my PC for years at this point and I tried to find the same ones but couldnt on Google and Nexus.

I am using these in Scholar of the First Sin, not the original Dark Souls 2, so I am not sure if it will work with it.

So, directions:

1) Make a new character and get Binoculars in the game. They are literally within 2 minutes of the start of the game if you just run directly to them, the link below is from a Youtuber that shows where to get them at the primary hub in the game.

So, get the binoculars and put them in one of your weapon slots, thats all we need as far as items in game.

2)
    Always be loaded into the game world before using the CheatEngine mods, so always log into a character and then Alt+Tab out and time to set up the CheatEngine stuff.

For the FOVDS2.CT mod, open it, click the little computer icon at the top left (Select a process to open) and make sure to choose DARK SOULS II. Then towards the bottom of the window, click the box next to “Change FOV”.

The very next line is “FOV Value”, check this as well. In that row next to “FOV Value” you should see these numbers : 0.7679448724. Double click 0.7679448724 and when the box pops up, replace it with this: -29.23205376

Thats all for that step, your FOV should look pretty nuts, but the next mod will take care of it.

3) Open the FOVDS2.CT file and again, select a process to open in the upper right computer Icon and select DARK SOULS II. A pop up will appear, choose “Yes”. Click the box next to First Person First Person (Usage: Turn on script, zoom in with bow/binoc)

4) Switch back to your game and, use the binoculars once and now you will be in VR, if you look down you can see your body, etc. Put bincolars back in your backup items and pull out your real weapons and start playing.

I know this all seemed like a lot, but it literally takes 1 1/2 minutes to setup when youre logging in. The only real “upkeep” you have to do, is when you die or go through a load screen, equip the binoculars again for a moment to activate first person view. I recommend just keeping the binoculars in one of your 6 weapon slots and just hopping right to it, tapping it on, then switch back to your real weapons.

-There is no need to ever leave gameplay to reset the mod, you just need to use the binoculars to ‘turn on’ the first person mod after loading screens-

The game -is- more difficult, but definitely playable. For a bit more fun Id recommend getting a large sword so you can clearly see your hits, but you should be able to play most builds just fine; probably will die more since we are losing situational awareness, but, its fun to see this world in first person with Geo3d. Keep in mind you CAN adjust the HUD position in this game, so if you play FullVR like me, I recommend pulling health bars into view, etc.

One last thing – if youre playing with an Xbox or Ps4 controller – go into Steam controller configurations and change your right control stick to “Joystick mouse” – for some reason the game turns extremely slowly with regular joystick with these mods. All other buttons can remain the same.

On an aside, I have a few hours into that new mod on Nexus and am enjoying the changes to combat, if anyone wanted to try it, heres a link for that too.

https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/978

You dont need to play this mod to play regular Dark Souls 2 in first person VR.

If you have any questions, ill try to help out.. and again, sorry, dont know who made those cheattables, but they work.

Take care of yourselves folks.

Smoils
    Participant

Big concern with this is online, Ive heard they ban you without warking for hooking with cheat engine or any other app like vorpx into the game. Whats more game would “remember” if a character you have played offline used any apps that hooked to the game (i.e. potential cheats) and ban you if you go online with that character.

Unless it only concerns DS3, maybe DS2 is different.

TheBalt
    Participant

Big concern with this is online, Ive heard they ban you without warking for hooking with cheat engine or any other app like vorpx into the game. Whats more game would “remember” if a character you have played offline used any apps that hooked to the game (i.e. potential cheats) and ban you if you go online with that character.

Unless it only concerns DS3, maybe DS2 is different.

oh ya, i apologize for not mentioning that – but even to install the mod you must delete all your previous characters (obviously just move them to a seperate folder while you play the mod) and do a clean install when you wanna go back to Dark Souls 2 regular. I should have mentioned that.

That being said, there is also a new big mod for Dark souls 3 called Convergence that has kinda blown my mind, tons of new spells, including new classes like Necromancers and Druids that can summon zombies/animals to help. Major emphasis on magic, all new magic effects… and you can get that into first person vr as well. Heres links if anyones interested.

Mod convergence:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/672?tab=files

Mod with first person option, no need to tweak it like Dark souls 2’s first person mod:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/136/?

tinsel87
    Participant

Can you send another link for the cheat table? The mediafire link does not work. Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!