Previous versions of vorpx and hooking

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Previous versions of vorpx and hooking

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    IroquoisPliskin
    Participant

Hey Ralf I need you to try clear up and set the record straight why I could get vorpx previous versions to hook onto to Arma 3 G3D all the effects all the options battleye on. But now I can’t, my question is #1 how and why the hell did vorpx previous versions work around battleye eye and #2 I’ve noticed I could create new blue local profiles by continuously clicking on games as they entered game forming it’s own profile that could be used flawlessly afterwards no need to mess around. I can’t create profiles like that anymore and there’s no indication that cloud profiles are even at work once imported?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Huh? That has never been the case. vorpX never could hook Arma 3 with BattleEye enabled. You can find countless threads here on the forum where the one and only suggestion regarding the topic since the dawn of time has been disabling BattleEye. I actually had a brief e-mail exchange with BE’s main dev many, many years ago where he refused to whitelist vorpX because in his opinion vorpX hooked into games “the wrong way”…

If it did indeed work at some point, you either must have done something yourself to circumvent BE or there was a temporary bug in BE, although I’d consider that unlikely.

Not sure what you mean with #2. There are two ways to create a new profile: 1. Make a copy of an existing one and assign a game’s main .exe to the copy. 2. Open the vorpX menu and save settings in an unknown game that vorpX is able to hook without a profile. Method 1 is preferable since with a bit of luck it allows to create profiles with 3D if the engines match. Profiles created with method 2 always are 2D only.

IroquoisPliskin
    Participant

So I think it was the last few builds, with a fresh install of vorpx launch Arma 3 with alternate hooking ON battleye OFF change a few settings (nothing significant) then save and exit the vorpx menu and then exit the game. I would then start Arma 3 back up alternate hooking ON with battleye ON this time and it would fully hook joining servers and everything…But since the last few updates this unfortunately doesn’t work anymore. With the profiles I’ll try out what you say, I’ll keep testing on the new build and beta to see if I can get Arma 3 to hook again with G3D battleye ON. I noticed that the dll’s and stuff enter the hidden temp folder and they are the files battleye blocks (Armax64DLL in particular) just wondering if maybe this directory or path changed in anyway in the vorpx builds?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Holy smoke… Does indeed work with the last version. A few others I tried don’t however, so this version must have been whitelisted individually. I wasn’t involved in that at all though, so either an Arma III player contacted Bohemia’s support recently and got lucky (likely) or maybe they have some new internal review process (less likely).

Shoot me a mail to support at vorpx com and I’ll help you out.

IroquoisPliskin
    Participant

Thank you Ralf, I’m so glad that this has seen light. Thanks again for your continued work on vorpx.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I would be interested in this as well, please.

I have been playing ArmA 3 again this past week with the new Spearhead DLC, and have been itching over the past year to play more ArmA S.O.G. online, but the populated servers always run BattlEye.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!