Latest status on SLI support?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Latest status on SLI support?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vorpxusername
    Participant

Been awhile since I played with VorpX, thinking of dusting off some old games, but was wondering…

I have 2x 1080Ti’s, and I know there are some “special NVIDIA SLI modes” that “work” even if the game doesn’t support SLI (alternating frames between the two cards, etc…).

Does VorpX support any of these ‘hacky SLI modes’? Seems like there is potential for HUGE performance boosts here…

Thanks for any info!

Ralf
    Keymaster

SLI might or might not work for a particular game, but is generally not supported. If in doubt, turn it off.

vorpxusername
    Participant

*to clarify, here is a good article…

https://developer.nvidia.com/vrworks/graphics/vrsli

Yes, true “Split Frame SLI” (where the left and right eye are rendered by each GPU) would require some monkeying with the game/VorpX. Although you would think it’s theoretically possible, since VorpX is already hijacking the pipeline… but that’s not what I’m talking about here.

I’m just talking about “Alternating Frame SLI” (where each gpu renders every other frame). I don’t believe this requires any special engine code, and should just work with any game (including VorpX).

Basically you’re trading slight latency for framerate, but the higher the framerate, the less latency, so it CAN work in certain situations (especially with brain/time warp smoothing out head movement).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!