Left 4 dead 2 crashes Vorpx on start?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Left 4 dead 2 crashes Vorpx on start?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    robottesla
    Participant

Hi Ralf/everyone.

I recently got left 4 dead 2 on the steam sale, but Vorpx does not seem to work with it. When I start Left 4 dead 2, it starts normally without vorpx turning the screen stereo. When I exit the game I then notice vorpx is no longer running. I’ve double and tripple checked this. Turn on Vorpx via Vorpx Control shortcut, verify its running in task manager and in the side tray, run left 4 dead 2, exit left 4 dead 2, and vorpx is no longer running.

The other two games I have recently ran with Vorpx is BF4 and Dirt 3, no isses with either of them. Vorpx is still running when I exit either of them.

Any ideas? My setup is:

– Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit).
    – 16 Gig Ram
    – intel i7-4770 3.40GHz
    – Asus GTX 770 Nvidia GeForce DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Ralf
    Keymaster

There currently is a bug that causes this for some games. It’s already fixed in the dev version, the fix will be available with the next update.

Until then you might be able to circumvent the issue by starting the game through a vorpX shortcut: right click the vorpX tray icon, choose “Create Desktop Shortcut”, then browse to the game’s .exe. This will create a special shortcut on your desktop.

If this doesn’t work for L4D2, you’ll have to wait for the next update. Sorry for that.

shini
    Participant

Same here, using latest vorpX version.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!