List of all AFR3D Games

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion List of all AFR3D Games

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ralph
    Participant

May anybody list all Vorpx AFR3D Games ?

VRified Games
    Participant

Cyberpunk 2077,
    Gta v,
    Red dead redemption 2,
    Witcher 3 (early version)

MarcDwonn
    Participant

What is AFR3D?

Ralph
    Participant

It’s also called Direct3D and is a lightweight geometric 3D for dx12 games

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you mean DirectVR, that’s actually a lot more than AFR 3D. DirectVR is a term I introduced some years ago for various techniques vorpX can use in more complex game profiles that do more than ‘just’ stereo 3d and head tracking.

In more than 150 games for example vorpX can automatically adjust FOV, resolution and other settings for a streamlined VR experience. Also there is the DirectVR memory scanner that provides direct access to a game’s internal camera for low latency 1:1 head tracking as in native games. That’t available for two or three dozen games. And so on. There even is an API for modders.

As far as the games in your list are concerned, those are extra special in that they come with game specific mods that do even more than ‘normal’ DirectVR games. E.g. automatically switching to EdgePeek in cutscenes, optimizing camera positions in vehicles for VR and so on.

TLDR: There’s A LOT more to vorpX than meets the casual observer’s eye. ;) I’m confident to say that it’s by a huge margin the most feature packed, advanced and versatile toolkit for bringing flat games to VR. A bit of a challenge to get that message across sometimes since what vorpX can do varies so heavily from game to game, but true nonetheless.

Ralph
    Participant

In the vorpx in-game menu, i can choose between Z3D or G3D in most dx9-dx11 games and Z3D or DirectVR in Cyberpunk and Witcher ? Why is it not shown as AFR3D instead of DirectVR ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Because that menu entry simply stands for every out-of-the-ordinary 3D method that may potentially be available in a profile. Like said above: there is a lot more to vorpX than meets the casual (or in rare occasions malevolent) observer’s eye. ;) By no means vorpX is “just” an S3D solution.

Ralph
    Participant

Without vorpx my gaming is over, vorpx for ever !

ji3200
    Participant

Can you keep support “non” Unreal Engine games or broken Praydog UE games? There are so many good games that are not UE

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!