List of G3D games?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion List of G3D games?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tiggerdyret
    Participant

Is there a list of G3D compatible games somewhere? Or is it only Fallout 4 and SKyrim that support it?

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

Answered my own question.
    This list should be a sticky, that the community keeps up to date.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nD_HyS8v_zKf9MZ3OYVpdnKAJBeMycGTgFmaJ639Oyg/edit#gid=0

Marco
    Participant

Unfortunataley that’s not an updated version. I also think there should be better documentation about the subject and i’m hopeful for the next version of Vorpx for that.

I also would like to know, when possible, about future compatibility with mayor titles. The main point of Geometry over Z-buffer, to me, is positional tracking, which is essential to provide comfort for longer gaming sessions. Out of that, Z-buffer 3d looks very good in many games, and it is really good performance wise as well. I would say the image looks cleaner and smoother.

Ralph said there may be Z-Buffer Positional tracking in the next Vorpx. I am really interested on this. I would like to know, for example, if THE WITCHER 3 will have some form of positional tracking or it will directly support Geometry. So i can start dreaming of playing that POV version of the game in VR.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a litle bit of rumor control: there will be Z3D positional tracking, but only for *some* games (emphasis on *some*). A few popular ones are among those, but don’t expect it for more than a dozen titles or so.

Marco
    Participant

What about the documentation?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The spreadsheet gives a pretty good overview. A few G3D games are missing (e.g. Bioshock 2, Fallout 4 from briefly skimming over it), but other than that it’s pretty much the current state.

A little hint for advanced users: not all G3D games have positional tracking enabled per default, either because it wasn’t tested or found to be too glitchy. You can enable it in all G3D games yourself though at your own risk if the expert options checkbox is ticked in the config app. The according options then can be found on the head tracking page of the ingame menu.

wrongtarget
    Participant

Great hint :) Will try some games with this.

Marco
    Participant

Activating positional tracking from the advanced menu worked great with all games i tried. Just noticed minor glitches in menus, for example with Dead Space 3, not related to Vorpx i think. Apart from that it works great and to me is a fundamental feature.

From advanced options, i also reccomend to switch the Edgeepeek background color to “Black”.

I think both options should be configured like that by default or easier to reach as they are very important for the near-native VR experience Vorpx is capable to offer with many games.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!