logarithmic setting on Vorpx 0.9?

Homepage Forums Technical Support logarithmic setting on Vorpx 0.9?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jungleboy123
    Participant

Hello,

On the previous version i was able to use this aspect ratio to correct the zoomed in effect that vorpx has on some games.

Having checked the new vorpx configuration menu ingame i cannot find this setting? Could anyone confirm if this has been removed? Even by applying the vorpx profile to increase the FOV i am having troubles with the game being zoomed in. The lounge mode is very good now, but i would like to play in full first person.

Thank You.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, it was removed. The idea behind it was indeed to address FOV issues, but it clearly was the worst idea during the whole development. Due to the distortion it introduces it can potentially make people sick.

There are many more ways to address FOV issues, ranging from perfect to OK. Please check the Essential Game Hints in the help for details if you haven’t done so already.

One particularly easy new way is setting your game to a 4:3 display mode (like 1280×960 for example), which is now possible and then zoom out a few notches (ImageZoom). In many games that is a nice way to address FOV issues quickly. Not 100% perfect but definitely better than the logarithmic distortion.

jungleboy123
    Participant

Thanks Ralf i will give that a try.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!