manipulating the camera position

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion manipulating the camera position

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Syndroid
    Participant

Hi, love the new update! The new direct patch and horizon lock is just what I wanted and it works great so far.

One feature I miss, or don’t know how to achive yet:
    I found out that in most games with g3d support, it is possible to move the camera origin on the y axis (camera height). I wanted to know if it’s possible to move the cam on the other axes as well.
    For example; I’d like to place the camera closer to the player model in a third person game, maybe even in front of the head in order to achive a first person effect.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Technically that is possible to a degree, but it causes so many small yet odd glitches and issues in regard to the roatation axis not being centered anymore when doing this that there is no setting for something like that (and never will be).

If you really want to do it for some reason, there is a way though: move your head in the exact opposite position of the desired off-center position and re-center the head tracking with [ALT][SPACE]. Ah, and you didn’t hear that from me. ;)

Syndroid
    Participant

thanks for the reply! unfortunately, this trick doesn’t work in games that don’t support positional tracking.

as for the odd glitches that would happen; well, I can play third person games (like mass effect) only by not trying to move my head anyway, since headmovements causing the camera to orbit around the player model which is already odd enough ;)

Mass Effect 3 looks amazing with the right 3D settings btw. Too bad the pitch lock isn’t effective in this one.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can force positional tracking in any Geometry 3D game. It may be disabled per default because it either was found too glitchy or not checked at all (probably the case for ME3), but provided a game has Geometry 3D it’s always forcable on the head tracking page of the ingame menu. Whether it works well is a different story, but it can’t hurt to try.

Syndroid
    Participant

thanks, I didn’t know that. I’ll try it out next time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!