Mass Effect 3 Settings ?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Mass Effect 3 Settings ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    michaeljackson_bad
    Participant

Ok, so i only managed to find one other post relevant to mass effect 3 and it is fairly outdated at this point. When playing ME3 I am able to use head tracking and click the mouse wheel to zoom out. But, the Vorpx menu does not show up and I cannot see my mouse cursor and none of the keys work. So, I cannot actually get past the menu of the game. Now the game is supported by Vorpx, and I have seen videos of people playing it so i am a little confused. Further research showed that to effectively play ME1, one had to go into the config and ‘enable hardware cursor’, otherwise there would be no cursor or Vorpx menu. But, ME3 has no such option in the config files, so I am somewhat lost. Any advice ?

meinsla
    Participant

I’m having same issues, cursor is invisible and the Vorpx in-game menu doesn’t work. The FOV is also horrible but since the menu is disabled you can’t tweak any of the settings.

michaeljackson_bad
    Participant

Ya, I haven’t really found a work around. I did manage to get in game though and get the mouse working very briefly. When I ctrl+alt=del to go into the windows menu and then exit it and go back into game the vorpx mouse appears for a minute or so. I didnt attempt to open the vorpx menu but I was able to use the vorpx mouse ? … The game does work once your in game, though managing the menus is difficult as you have no mouse cursor (vorpx or stock game cursor).

seelenmord1986
    Participant

I had the exact same issue. For 3 days it did not work. I contacted Ralf. He advised me to restore the profile for ME3 in the troubleshooting section of VorpX. I did that, still nothing. Then I decided to just click the “factory data reset” option in VorpX. I went back into the game (without restarting my computer) And still nothing. I gave up, shut down my computer, left for work. And when I got back home, I booted up my computer, launched ME 3 again, and all of a sudden it worked, Perfectly.
    I think that restarting my computer finished what the “profile restore” or “factory reset” started. Just be sure to re-select the “show only in rift” and “run as administrator” options. And I think the factory reset thing deletes all the VorpX settings for the games so maybe try just the “profile restore” for Me3 first as I’m not sure which option actually fixed the issue. Hope this helps.

michaeljackson_bad
    Participant

Hm. I will definitely give that a try. I’d love to get the game going on the Oculus. If it works for me as well then we may have a fix on our hands :)

seelenmord1986
    Participant

Im curious to know if it works for you. Keep me posted

michaeljackson_bad
    Participant

Well, it looks as if you have solved the issue. I took the same steps as you and what do you know |? It worked ! … oh, and thanks for the tip, glad to have it working !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!