Mass effect andromeda: Shimmery characters and foliage

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Mass effect andromeda: Shimmery characters and foliage

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Finding it a bit weird that no one else is reporting these shimmery hazy characters, and sometimes foliage too. It’s quite distracting. I tried with G3D set to 1.0 strength as well, not the usual 1.3 I normally use.
    Anyone else notice this, or have a fix?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you are overly distracted by that, you can switch to Z3D.

Some recent games have rather complex deferred rendering pipelines with a lot of compute shader pre/post-processing in screen space. Stereofying everything is not always possible, so not all glitches are avoidable. These games are a lot more complex than your typical game from just five years ago, games from ten or fifteen years ago look like high school projects in comparison technically.

Make sure to let vorpX optimize the game settings and do not touch any effects/lighting options afterwards. That will minimize potential glitches.

matteo39
    Participant

I’ using znormal with first person mod

dborosev
    Participant

Ah ok. Well if that’s the way it is, then that’s fine. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t some setting I was messing up,since I’ve never seen that before on the 30+ other vorpx games I played.
    I’m just heppy to have g3d!
    Cheers!

dborosev
    Participant

And playing with it some more, Z3D is a good option too. Usually for these large outdoor games, if you crank the 3D depth up to 3.0, you almost can’t tell the difference between G3D and Z3D. Although for anything even remotely close quarters, G3D is still by far the best.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!