Mass Effect Legendary Edition Issue with Sniper Rifle Scope? Please Advise.

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Mass Effect Legendary Edition Issue with Sniper Rifle Scope? Please Advise.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    haints
    Participant

This game looks amazing with Vorpx but I’m having a problem with looking through the sniper scope. Instead of filling the screen, the scope view appears in a smaller square in the center of the screen–almost like it’s in a 4:3 ratio superimposed on the game’s widescreen ratio.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

haints
    Participant

EDIT: I just tried running the game without Vorpx and the scope was normal, so it’s definitely an issue with Vorpx, probably related to FOV settings?

haints
    Participant

EDIT AGAIN:

The problem goes away when I switch to Vorpx’s fullVR mode–the scope then fills the screen as it should–but fullVR is unplayable because the image still stays letterboxed and the whole thing moves around when you move your head.

Ralf: How can I get the scope view to work properly with cinema mode?

haints
    Participant

PARTIAL SOLUTION:

Tried everything I could think of and the only way to fix the issue was to set Vorpx HUD settings to maximum. The game treats the scope as part of the HUD, so however large the HUD is on screen is how large the scope view will be. Which means to fix this you have to play with a big HUD, which is not what I would ordinarily want, but in this circumstance it’s better than having a distorted scope view.

I guess I don’t understand why the default scope/HUD settings look fine in FULLVR view but NOT in Cinema view?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads-up. I’ll check whether maybe I can somehow separate the scope detection from the HUD. No promises though. Odd indeed that it appears to work in FullVR but not in cinema mode. The shader detection isn’t any different between both modes.

haints
    Participant

It’s perfectly playable once you adjust the HUD settings to the maximum point. I’d just suggest changing the default Vorpx profile to do exactly that, then no one else will run into this issue in the future. It would be nice to shrink the other HUD elements down a bit if they could be de-linked from the scope, but it’s not an impediment to playing the game.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!