Max Payne 3 starting in VR mode + head tracking?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Max Payne 3 starting in VR mode + head tracking?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    markbradley1982
    Participant

Hi,

Is by default Max Payne 3 supposed to start with VR Mode enabled and a 3D strength of 2.0? Because that’s how the game was preset in VorpX when I started it for the first time.

I changed it to immersive screen. But there is one problem I can’t get rid of: My head tracking is linked to my mouse movement which translates to the game world moving when my head moves as if my head were the mouse. Is there anyway to disable this in VorpX? It happens in Max Payne 3 even when I am in the immersive screen and turning off head tracking in the vorpx menu gives the undesired result of disabling all headtracking in vorpx meaning the virtual screen is uncomfortably stuck to my face.

markbradley1982
    Participant

I noticed another issue too: There is a flickering that comes and goes with things like textures in geometric mode and in z-buffer modes Max Payne is invisible. Is there anyway to fix the flicker?

dellrifter22
    Participant

I don’t have Max Payne 3, but you could try turning off positional tracking in vorpX menu. That can cause stutter on rare occasion, though not usually related to textures as you describe.

Really strange that Max becomes invisible in Z-normal. That should not be possible. This should mean that Max would be invisible even in 2D mode.

Anyway, what I can say about head tracking: don’t disable it, but rather turn down the sensitivity to 0 on the main page of vorpX menu. That or switch to Cinema mode.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not sure about the disappearing Max in Z3D mode either, that should indeed be impossible. I incidentally fixed some flickering elements with G3D a few days ago though while checking games for the next vorpX release. Will be out this weekend.

You can change the head tracking sensitivity in immersive screen mode directly on the main page of the vorpX menu and also on the head tracking page. To disable it entirely, simply reduce the sensitivity to 0.0.

Personally I would recommend just a little bit of head tracking for immersive screen mode, 0.1-0.2 usually works rather well. Doesn’t interfere with movement too much, but is still enough to let you look around a bit.

markbradley1982
    Participant

Not sure about the disappearing Max in Z3D mode either, that should indeed be impossible. I incidentally fixed some flickering elements with G3D a few days ago though while checking games for the next vorpX release. Will be out this weekend.

You can change the head tracking sensitivity in immersive screen mode directly on the main page of the vorpX menu and also on the head tracking page. To disable it entirely, simply reduce the sensitivity to 0.0.

Personally I would recommend just a little bit of head tracking for immersive screen mode, 0.1-0.2 usually works rather well. Doesn’t interfere with movement too much, but is still enough to let you look around a bit.

Thanks for the suggestions Ralf and great news on the VorpX update this weekend!!

markbradley1982
    Participant

Will the update include Frostbite engine geometric 3D support?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!