Maya, 3d max and vorpx

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Maya, 3d max and vorpx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    redcore5
    Participant

Would these two softwares work with vorpx? Like for example using vorpx as a viewer plugin with basic controls either with mouse and keyboard.
    Thank you.
    Rob.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Theoretically that might be possible, but it would require a specialized version of vorpX, mainly because those programs have multiple 3D windows active while they run, which vorpX doesn’t handle at all currently.

Having worked in the field for 15 years before starting vorpX I’be surprised though if there wasn’t a plugin available already for at least one of them. I’m a bit out of the loop in that regard now, so I don’t know for sure, but I’d say chances are quite high.

redcore5
    Participant

Hey ralf,
    Thank you for an answer. Yes there are two plugins for maya for vr but they require monthly payments. And as a 3d enthusiast i would prefer one time purchase.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just got curious myself. 3dsmax apparently even has a VR workflow built in since a recent update. I can’t try it since I stopped renewing my subscription when they changed to an Adobe-style rental license two years ago, but it sounds quite promising.

quisutdeus
    Participant

Just got curious myself. 3dsmax apparently even has a VR workflow built in since a recent update. I can’t try it since I stopped renewing my subscription when they changed to an Adobe-style rental license two years ago, but it sounds quite promising.

So you can basically model/sculpt moving for instance vertices with controllers?
    I have been 3D artist working in 3ds max and I was dreaming about something like this but rather as a Since Fiction – yet here it is, during my lifetime.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!