ME:A Hazy characters

Homepage Forums Technical Support ME:A Hazy characters

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

One thing I noticed in ME:A in G3D, is that the characters seem to have multiple overlaid forms, almost like there are 3+ models of each, slightly offset from each other and viewed with different eyes. Give a hazy effect, especially on the main character.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please keep the 3D-Strength within the recommended range. There is a new warning hint directly below the slider that appears when you crank it up too high.

dborosev
    Participant

I think I played with that to see if it solved the issue, but didn’t seem to. I’ll try it again later and see.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There may be a faint outline around characters under certain conditions, but it shouldn’t be distracting in any way with default settings.

In general: please always first check whether anything you consider broken also appears broken with default settings. Defaults are usually chosen carefully. Most of the time it’s best not to change them.

matteo39
    Participant

i use the first person mod with andromeda….

I do not know if I will use the z-normal or the g3d: I’m still in the opening scenes, in small spaces, the g3d seems to be quite fluid (I have a gtx 1060): we’ll see on the planets …

zahncisten
    Participant

Alright, so, I’ve played around a BUNCH with ME:A to see if I could skirt the Hazy effect. Mostly it had to do with texture related processing, as far as I could tell. I cut everything down to low (and of course, I turned all post-processing and Anti-aliasing off, and kept them off), and started up from there. I think if you’ll do the same, you’ll immediately see better clarity. Don’t forget to adjust sharpness in the VorpX ingame menu (del key) as well. I got it looking pretty good, well enough that during normal game play any possible haziness is dismissible if present at all. Anyway, once you actually talk to a character, they are crystal clear anyway.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Woh, Andromeda is on sale this month for only $3.99!

Good timing Ralf, definitely checking this out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!