Medal of Honor: Allied Assault / Darkest of Days

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings User Profiles Medal of Honor: Allied Assault / Darkest of Days

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dellrifter22
    Participant

Completing the Medal of Honor PC series, here’s Allied Assault with War Chest expansions. Typically $10 or less on gog.com.

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (G3D)

Looks great in very clean opengl G3D. I recommend the graphics and weapons mod linked in the description of this video. It includes ironsights:

Installation of the mod is an easy drag and drop into the corresponding “main” folders. Notice however instructions to omit the ironsights file in the expansion folders, as this will break dlc weapons.

– FOV and widescreen setup:
    Go to Medal of Honor Allied Assault\main\configs\unnamedsoldier.cfg

Under key bindings add:
    bind q “fov 120”

Under cvars section add lines:
    seta r_customwidth “2560”
    seta r_customheight “1440”
    seta r_mode “-1”
    seta ui_console “1”
    seta developer “1”
    (This allows you to set fov by pressing q at the start of each mission)

*Flicker on the menu and loading screen is normal and wont affect gameplay
    *vorpX Main Eye does not save in opengl profiles, so remember to reset this upon each game start
    *Turn off crosshair in game settings
    *cinema fullscreen is default for Pimax8k, Rift may prefer immersive or fullVR modes

Darkest of Days (G3D)

I’ve waited years for this to get discounted, which it never does, but found a working demo on steam. It has a fun concept of traveling through time to various war conflicts, bringing with you advanced weaponry.

I’ve since purchased the game and am happy to report that it works well enough in vorpX with G3D. My only real complaint is that the weapon model fov greatly outreaches the world fov, so I can’t raise it as high as I’d like. Still very playable with these profile settings though.

– use a 16:9 resolution (2560×1440)
    – set game to Fullscreen mode to avoid stuck mouse cursor
    – set Physics to LOW in game, or you may get black screen bug
    – turn off Ambient Occlusion in game settings to fix one eye black
    – bind a console key in game’s control settings
    – upon each game launch, use console command to set FOV:

set player.fov 74

*Hide HUD with console command “set render.gui 0”, hold tab to view objective locations on map
    *Turn off crosshair in game settings
    *vorpX Main Eye does not save in opengl profiles, so remember to reset this upon each game start (enable expert settings)
    *cinema fullscreen is default for Pimax8k, Rift may prefer immersive or fullVR modes
    *Run vorpX in steamvr mode for Rift if crashes on startup
    *Free demo on Steam

Profiles can be found on the vorpX cloud.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!